Chapter 156 - Gaming Consultant

On Monday morning, Zen walked into Nadine's office ... or what had been her office. The executive room was empty and very messy. Random papers were strewn everywhere and several drawers left half-opened. All in all, it looked like her office had been robbed. Nadine must have come in late at night to avoid everyone and clear out all her belongings. Those on duty would have been glued to their monitors or sneaking naps.

On the table were her Employee's Access Key Card and ID Card. They looked oddly dejected and abandoned.

Zen picked them up. Without those she would not have access to Games Control or any other department in Simtrixx. In fact, she would not even have access to the building.

Wow. Nadine was really gone. He could not believe it.

Zen looked around again. This coveted office space was now officially his.

Marco came bustling in.

"Congratulations to you again! And to me!" he said and clapped his hands excitedly. "I've been promoted too. I am now the Personal Assistant to the Director of Virtual Reality!"

"Really? You are still my PA? That's good news!"

Marco rolled his eyes. "Don't you read your emails? There is a bunch of them. Many people are being shuffled around and some ... even dismissed," he finished off in a conspiratorial whisper.

"Huh? Who?" asked Zen in a panic. Surely not Damon and Adam. Suri said they only received Level Two warnings. That was not enough to be laid off. Did Head Office change their mind and send follow up emails? Zen sat down in the Director's chair amid the mess to logon. He had to know now.

"Hmmm, I'll start cleaning up this place and move your stuff in here, shall I?" mused Marco aloud as he surveyed the room. "And my stuff too. I got that wonderful new office adjacent to yours. So spiffy! I'm really moving up!"

"Yes, please and thanks Marco. I have a lot to do."

"O'kay I'll let up catch up. You've got half an hour before the new guy comes in."

"New guy? What new guy?"

"The new 'Gaming Consultant'. Apparently he is a top notched gamer and is currently very active in the field. It's a new position to pump fresh ideas and keep us up to date on the fast changing trends. You have to meet him and officially introduce him to us."

"Me? Why me?"

Marco laughed. "In case you have forgotten, you are the new Virtual Reality Director here. In other words, you are the big Boss!"

Zen slumped into his chair. He only wanted to focus on the Game not do administrative and PR work. He sighed. "O'kay."

"You'll get used to it," Marco remarked as he waltzed out the room. He had work to do. "You, you and you, follow me," the new Personal Assistant to the new Director of Virtual Reality pointed to three souls to follow him. They were going to help move his boss' stuff and his too.

----

At exactly thirty minutes later, Marco breezed into Zen's newly tidied office.

"Here he is! Our new "Gaming Consultant'! His name is Mr.Jonathan Carter," Marco announced excitedly.

The young man who followed him gave a small cough.

"Oh! I mean Jace! He prefers people to call him Jace!" laughed the chirpy man. "Bring him down to Games Control when you're done. You are needed there pending a new Games Master."

Jace smiled. "Thanks Marco."

"I'll leave you two alone to get acquainted."

Zen stood up from his seat, mouth agape.