Chapter 115 - The Floating Path Part Three

When the last of the orcs stepped off the floating marble onto solid land, Constantine crowed in glee. Now that he had completed his task, he was free to help with the Kivh gathering. He felt bad that Lazarus and Valentine had to collect his share.

Upon stable ground, the orcs all rearmed themselves. They had trusted the Spell Caster to help them across safely. Now, it was their time to protect him as he helped the other Ghost Lords.

"Go, we will cover you. Concentrate on collecting the flowers and finishing the challenge. We will keep the creatures at bay," Kalthu said as he hefted his large heavy orc bow.

They had seen Lazarus and Valentine being attacked when they were half way across. It rankled when they couldn't help fight, keeping their balance and not looking down was hard enough. Constantine and the orcs had heaved a sigh of relief when the two gatekeepers had staved off the Kivh-hunters with melee weapons and continued with the quest. Now that they were back on solid land, they would do their part.

The Red Warlock waved at the orcs and wiggled a finger at their bows and quivers.

"What are you doing Spell caster?" the Captain asked nervously. He did not like others touching his weapons. Weapons were very personal to warriors. In any normal circumstance, he would have attacked the human but their time together as jauk was holding him back.

"I know you all have limited arrows and have no time to make more. I have enchanted your weapons so that your bows will always be strong and you will never run out of arrows."

The Captain gulped in awe. An orc bow that will remain strong and a quiver with overflowing arrows! What a treasure! No other orc besides the six here will ever hold such powerful weapons. It was a wonderful gift indeed. "My thanks, Spell caster."

"No need, Captain. I don't want you to run out of arrows at a crucial moment," Constantine grinned. "And now I go help gather those enchanting blooms, yes?"

"Positions!" Kalthu instructed. The orcs arranged themselves along the edge to cover as much range as possible. They would protect Constantine.

"Go!"

Status check

LifeStone Group Quest Phase Three : Floating Path

26/30 Complete.

The Red Warlock topped up his Energy, gave a small laugh and floated out excitedly to the nearest Kivh. Now, he, the great Red Warlock would help and if he was fast enough, he might just get the honours of getting the last one and completing the mission. Wouldn't that be sweet?

Another four? No problem. Constantine worked quickly, checking the quest status after every Kivh he picked. Why was the count only increasing when he got one? From where he was working, he couldn't see the others. No matter, he would call them in when he finished. Only one more and he would be damned if Lazarus or Valentine got it.

Finally, Constantine held the final Kivh up triumphantly to admire it before stashing the glowing flower.

LifeStone Group Quest Phase Three : Floating Path

30/30 Complete.

Yes!! He was so awesome. He had gotten the final one. The last Kivh had inadvertently brought him closer to his friends. Constantine straightened up, he should be able to see them now but all he saw in their last known location was a black cloud.

Black cloud!!

The Red Warlock sucked in a breath when he realised his friends were under attack. Aiyayayayayai!! The black cloud of vicious Kivh-hunters had totally covered the floating piece of raw marble the two gatekeepers were on. The ever moving cloud was churning angrily into itself, folding inwards again and again towards the middle where Lazarus and Valentine was. Oh my God! How long had it been? Constantine started beating himself up. Why didn't he check up on them sooner? Why hadn't he realised? Because, you were too busy trying to be the one to complete the mission, came Kirana's scathing voice in his mind. He winced.