Chapter 82 - Escape

Night had fallen blanketing the savage world in shadows. Not all were dark, however, as twin orange moons shone down upon the land. A slight breeze blew over the silent orc camp, making the cold gatekeepers shiver.

They were alone, it seemed that the orcs had all but forgotten about them. Those supposedly on guard duty had left the humans unwatched for some grub. It was only for a short while. There was no point in worrying about these two puny and weak humans. The ghost lords were both securely tied up in orc chains and unconscious anyway. They were not going anywhere anytime soon.

Constantine groaned and moved his head as he regained consciousness. His back was a mess of incredible pain. He could not feel his arms or legs. They were so numb. The orcs had done so much damage to his body that even his awesome regenerative powers were taking time to fully heal him. The orc chains which bound him were not helping at all.

Constantine, Health 23

It was night here. He wondered how much time had actually passed in the real world. The time here might have been speeded up when he was unconscious. A whole day had passed in here, it may have only been a couple hours in the real world.

The Red Warlock raised his head feebly, looking for his friend. Had he died and re-spawned? Had he logged out? Had Laz left him here all alone in this hell? Maybe he could log back in and release him. His hopes died just as quickly as it had bloomed. He remembered Xico. If Laz had died and re-spawned, he would not be able to port back to the Orc world.

He couldn't reach his Mark to logout. He smiled in irony as he recalled Lazarus recounting his terrible experience and desperation when the Assassin had been captured in Season One. Constantine remembered announcing confidently that he would never be caught in that situation. The gatekeeper shuddered and sighed despondently. Look at him now.

His gaze went to the spot where he had last seen Lazarus. Oh my God! His eyes widened in shock as he saw a still dark figure on the ground. The Assassin must still be alive as his 'body' was still here. Lazarus had not died after all. That meant that Jace was still online. Was he conscious? He couldn't imagine the pain of broken legs. Freaking Simtrixx.

Lazarus, Health 4 per cent.

Oh wow, seriously?

"Laz? Laz!" he called. A low groan sounded. The body moved slightly.

"Laz!! Get up, please get up."

"Oh Gods ... Am I dead?" Lazarus croaked barely audible. "No... being dead can't be as bad as this." He reasoned.

Lazarus' whole body was on fire. His clothes, torn and sticky with half dried blood from his injuries, were plastered to his body. Lazarus did not dare look down at his mangled legs for fear of what he might find. He could not distinguish his individual legs or what was left of them. From the waist down, there was only incredible pain.

All he wanted to do was log out and never come back in again. Lazarus shuddered at the terrifying memory of the heavy club hitting him again and again. The excruciating pain as he felt the iron spikes tear into his flesh and heard the crunch of his bones breaking was still fresh in his mind. He had watched in helpless horror as the cruel weapon came boring down on him. Lazarus started shaking violently. He wanted to throw up.

"Laz?" Constantine did not dare ask if his friend was o'kay. Any fool could see that he was not. "Laz ..."

The Assassin's head jerked up. "Constantine?" he croaked in despair.