Chapter 13 - Surprises

Ash caught the girls nudging each other in class the next day. They were stealing glances at Jace and giggling. What was so funny?

The blond boy turned to his best friend next to him. Jace was fast asleep. Ash grinned. Oh. I see.

Jace had his head propped up with one hand. His eyes were closed. His dark hair fell over his forehead partly covering his face. He looked very calm and serene in that pose. Oh and very handsome too. Just look at that jawline, look at those slightly fluttering lashes, look at those lips.

Ash grinned mischievously. This was awesome, what an opportunity! He took out his phone and snapped several pictures. He winked at the girls and signed with his hands. Who wants the close-ups of a sleeping Jace?

They blushed and giggled. Hands rose shyly as one by one they requested Ash to forward the snapshots. He gave an 'okay' sign, circling his thumb and forefinger at them.

Just then, a strong male voice called out to Ash startling him.

"Mr.Kholl, is there something you would like to share with the class?"

Ash froze. "Umm, no Mr.Khan, I'm good. Thanks."

"Would you be so kind as to wake Mr.Carter up?"

"Yeah, sure thing, Mr.Khan."

He nudged Jace.

"Jace! JACE! Wake up," Ash hissed under his breath.

Jace opened his eyes, blinking sleepily at Ash. "Huh? Sup? Where am I?"

Giggles and amused snorts answered his questions. Oh. He was in class.

"Mr.Carter, thank you for joining us again. Now please tell us what exactly is the 'Equilibrium' in an open market."

Jace shrugged, and covered a yawn behind a hand.

"Mr.Carter?

Where was he? Oh Economics class. He yawned again and ran his hand through his hair getting it out of his face.

"It's the point where demand and supply meets."

"Good. And where exactly is it?"

"Exactly?"

"Yes Mr.Carter. Please tell me exactly where the Equilibrium in an open market is."

"I don't know. There is no exactly, is there? I thought it was always changing according to the market forces."

Ash chuckled. "What he means is, it's not a fixed spot because people's desires keep changing." He winked at Chloe. "But I'm sure I can supply what is demanded of me."

"Hmm, I'll let it go this time, Mr.Carter but the next time I catch you sleeping in my class ..." Mr.Khan said ominously.

"And as for you Mr.Kholl, please keep your raging hormones in place, or at least outside my class. Miss Chase is a lovely young woman, I am sure she has a wide variety of choices many suppliers can offer her. You do not have a monopoly on her ... yet," he continued indicating Chloe, making Ash splutter and Chloe blush furiously in embarrassment as the class erupted in laughter.

Aria laughed along with them but she was looking at Jace. God, he looked so cute when he was smiling sleepily.

"Okay people, settle down. We have another five minutes." Mr.Khan waited for his students to quieten down before smiling evilly and yelling out, "New assignment!!"

Everyone groaned.

"I want a fifteen page report ... or at least five thousand words ..."

The groaning increased.