Chapter 101 - Valkyries' Valour Part 2

The four Heroes' spirits rose up to follow the mind link. Kirana led the way. They flew swiftly, their light ghostly bodies travelling through space. It was a scary but exhilarating experience. In no time, they arrived where the link ended, with Constantine, in the Stronghold, in the Orc realm. The four materialised and looked around. Everyone was fighting.

The Red Warlock was barely holding on. His head had dropped onto his bloody chest and he was swaying unsteadily.

Constantine, Health 41 per cent, Energy 32 per cent

Kirana took one look at the weakened warlock and called out urgently to Isis, "ISIS!! SAVE CONSTANTINE!!"

A bright healing light immediately shone onto the Warlock. Isis was staring directly at him, controlling her power which streamed from her open palms. Constantine's ugly wound stopped bleeding and started closing.

Constantine, Health 71 per cent (and climbing steadily), Energy 32 per cent

"Aaahhhhh!!" the Warlock moaned in relief from the pain.

"Do your energy transfer thingie!"

The blue healing light faded as the Priestess concentrated to redirect her mind for the next task. The complicated procedure firmly in her mind, she gathered her powers and Energy. Isis opened her mind guardedly. She was ready to be a conduit for Energy transfer and control.

"Ready?" Isis cued her Valkyrie sisters before drawing on their energy and flooded Constantine carefully. She was in her element. The Warlock jerked up suddenly alert.

Constantine, Health 95 per cent (still climbing), Energy 61 per cent (and increasing)

"Kir!! You made it ..." he gulped in relief, " ... and you brought the others."

"Yes, I made it just in time. Never, never, ever do that again. You scared me."

Jinx's eyes searched for Valentine. She heaved a sigh of relief when she found her Thief attacking a battle crazed orc with abandon. One just exploded beside him. The blond gatekeeper was icky with black ichor on his clothes. Blood ran down the side of his handsome face. He was snarling fiercely as he lifted his long sword to cut down the orc before him. Without stopping, he charged past an enemy to target another huge orc two bodies away. Valentine hefted his sword and attacked savagely.

Jinx's eyes widened. Why was Valentine choosing enemies? Shouldn't they all be the same?

"What's wrong with him? Why is he so mad?" Jinx asked quietly. She had never seen him so angry.

"They killed Tania minutes ago. Those three ... pulled her live body apart. They ripped her to pieces in front of him." Constantine said quietly through gritted teeth. He had witnessed the horrific event.

Nyx gulped. Kirana clenched her teeth in anger and Isis balled her fists.

"Oh. Poor Tania, poor Val." Jinx blinked back sudden tears, squared her shoulder and lifted her spear. She too could feel the rage building inside. "I will help him ... Kirana? Please evoke the battle code."

Kirana nodded. Since she had summoned them, she had to be the one to evoke the second part. She too wanted to punish those who put Constantine in that state. Evoking Valkyries Valour allowed them to travel as one mind. Now, they would fight together.

"Valkyries' Battle Code evoked!!"

The four beautiful Heroes were bathed in a golden light. They now had the infamous Valkyrie's' powers of super strength, agility, speed and a higher pain threshold ... at least for a full fifteen minutes. It should be enough time to help the guys. When the powerful glow faded, the furious battle ready Heroes hefted their various weapons.