Chapter 50 -Energy Play Part 2

Lazarus lifted his weary head as he caught his breath. His silver grey eyes sparkled in contrast with his fatigued expression and tired stance. "I've got an idea."

Valentine grinned. He knew that look. Whatever Laz had in mind was going to be awesome.

"Isis can take from me and channel it right?" he asked Isis who nodded confirmation. Only Priests and Priestesses could manipulate and channel Energies from one person / creature to another, and only if they had achieved a certain level and Researched the appropriate tree.

Lazarus gave a crooked half-smile as he casually asked the Heroes surrounding him, "Does anyone here want some Energy?"

Isis, Valentine, Nyx and Jinx stared at him open-mouthed. Valentine burst out laughing wickedly. Brilliant!! Just brilliant!! Lazarus' outrageous plan was awesome. No one would have thought to do it as players generally do not share basic survival needs. No sane player would give away personal Energy. Sharing energy indeed!

Lazarus looked at Isis. "With the five of us against the four Warlocks out there, I think we can drain all their personal Energies. What do you think? Can you do it?"

"Hmmm, it's risky, but yes, it is possible." Suddenly, Isis went into action. "Okay, all of you, gather around and arrange yourselves in a circle."

Everyone did as they were told. Isis started immediately. They had no time to lose. Isis commenced with some intricate hand gestures and chanting. Then she reached out to the waiting Lazarus with her spiritual self and pulled.

"Aaaahh!!"

She stopped, alarmed.

"No, go on. Do it," the assassin gasped.

She steeled herself and continued. She drained his Energies and looked at the others. "Get ready," she warned them.

She threw out an energy link to the Thief first. Valentine's blue eyes widened at the sudden inflow. "Do as I've told you. Take for yourself then channel to your City Shield. I will keep an eye on your status."

Next she linked Nyx and Jinx. She kept a watchful eye on the linked Heroes. She did not want to accidently kill any of her friends.

Lazarus, City Shield 100 per cent, Energy 90 per cent

Valentine, Energy 78 per cent

Nyx, Energy 85 per cent

Jinx, Energy 85 per cent

"Okay, channel to your city shields!" the Priestess instructed. "Let's drain those Warlocks!!"

Dimitri looked at the five glowing ghost lords, then he peered over the wall at the enemy. Sixteen were waiting to attack. They were expecting the Shield to crumble at any time. The other four ... well, the other four Warlocks were swaying on their feet. Sudden looks of panic and confusion appeared on their faces as they started shouting to each other.

The Battle Master's mouth split into a wide grin. Whatever his lord was doing with the other ghost lords was working.

"Okay, get ready! I'm going to pull at them!" Isis warned the Heroes around her.

Isis saw the Energy glowing strands with her Eye. She gave a mighty tug at the energy source. Resistance. She pulled again and the resistance broke. Energy flowed into her grasp. She pulled until there was nothing left to pull. Then she carefully controlled distribution.

The Energy flowed from the four Warlocks, then to the Shield. Maintain 100 per cent. The City Shield brightened then shimmered to normal invisibility. Now, to channel the excess energy to Lazarus. He was getting the brunt of it since it was a force from four players going into one body. She hoped he could withstand it, just a few moments until she could steer it to the others. She pulled the large force into the assassin, trusting him.