Chapter 47 - Attack

Jace came out the shower, pulled on a pair of faded jeans and a comfortable oversize T-shirt. Toweling his hair dry he walked into the room. He felt much better.

His phone was ringing. He raised his eyebrows as he picked up his phone. There were dozens of notifications from Orc Wars. He answered the call first, he would have to make it quick. His heart was already hammering anxiously in his chest. What the hell was happening in Orc Wars?

The 'Nutter' was calling. He slid the screen.

"Hey Ash."

"What took you so long?"

"I was in the shower. Sup?"

"Come out for a bit. I'm with Chloe and Aria. Dinner, then we are headed for some fun at the carnival that just opened."

"Umm, I'll have to pass. I've got something to do."

"What?" Ash challenged. "What on earth could be more fun than dinner and a good time with two pretty girls?"

Jace smiled as he heard excited giggling in the background.

'I'm going virtual. Something is happening in there."

"Something is always happening in there, so what? Come out and have some fun. Don't be anti-social."

"No. I'm serious. I've just received literally dozens of notifications from Orc Wars. I'm under attack."

"Really? Who in their right mind would attack you? It's probably just Laz's Orb Trial. O'kay. Go settle the dispute or whatever oh mighty Hero. I'll give you an hour then I'm coming over to pick you up. No excuses. You should be done by then."

"Laters."

Jace hung up the phone and scrolled down the notifications.

You are under attack. Please log in.

Your City Shield is at 95%

You are under attack. Please log in

Your City Shield is at 90%

... etc

Oh Gods! It was not his Trial, someone really was attacking him. Dozens of notifications from Orc Wars confirmed it. His city's Shield's integrity was down to 75%. He started sweating.

Jace snatched his ipad and checked his status. Better to get check things out before jumping in blindly.

Hero status check

Lazarus, Health 49 per cent (max 60 per cent), Energy 60 per cent.

Why was his Energy so low? Oh yeah, the Shield drew Energy from the Hero to remain stable. Quickly he topped-up his Hero's Health and Energy.

City status check.

Lazarus City Level 70, 6 Farms Level 65, 6 Mines Level 65, 6 Logging Camps Level 65, 6 Quarries Level 65 and 6 Town Halls Level 63. 1 Catacomb. Expanded area 105 tiles. Shield 100 per cent.

Not good. Although he had topped-up the Shield, it was just a matter of time before it's integrity was eroded by the continuous assault .It would soon have to pull from his Hero again. He would have to get in there and settle this mess as soon as possible.

Who the hell was attacking him and why?

Jace exited to world map view. He would check out the enemy's identity, level, strengths and power, then he would know how to deal with him. Was it someone out for revenge or just a newbie trying to get attention by attacking a gatekeeper?