Chapter 105 - Plans

Zen could hardly contain his excitement. He clutched the phone tightly and spoke as calmly as he could to the Creative Team Director.

"Hello? Damon? Damon!"

"Zen? What is it?"

"She has done it ... Thalasis. She has told the Players about the monster and the antidote. Oh my God! Kyra did a great job in altering the Seer's algorithm."

"When did this happen?"

"About five minutes ago. The players have all logged out now. Keep Kyra updated and tell her to go to the next phase."

"Will do, but you do know it's not really the antidote."

"I know, I know but what's important is now they are pointed solidly in the right way. It's much better than wasting time bumbling around for clues. The player for Isis' avatar is a smart one. She will know what to do with Sharak's notes. Now, what about Lily ... did you talk to her? Is she in?"

A soft chuckle sounded over the line. "Calm down Zen. You are like a mother hen fussing over her new born chicks."

"They are my babies! All five of them," the Games Master countered fiercely. "The gate keepers are the first winners of Orc Wars! They are keeping interest in our main product sky high. The numerous MMORPG games that launched after Orc Wars can't even touch it and you know how many comes out every few weeks."

"I know, I know."

"But more than that, they are awesome gamers. I wish I was twenty years younger and could join them," the Games Master continued wistfully.

Damon laughed at his old friend. "You always were a nerd, even back in high school. Keep your pants on, I got Lily and Russ."

"Lily and Russ? Oh my God, however did you manage that? So did Russ say anything?"

"Well, as her Team Leader, he had some basic questions but you know him, he doesn't really like Nadine either, not since she put him down so publicly for some of his more radical ideas. They have some bad history together."

Zen heaved a sigh of relief. "So Kyra will update Thalasis and Lily has agreed to modify the Witch, with her Team Leader's blessing."

"In a nut shell, yes. Call Adam. I don't know how he is going to do it but he needs to edit out the modifications to make it seem like it was all their own ideas. Keep it clean, I promised to keep Kyra and Lily safe.They are not going to lose their jobs over this."

"No, they are not. I'm going to send Adam the raw footage now. He will know what to do." Zen gave a rueful laugh. "We are not going to get much sleep from now on. Adam will have to be on standby twenty-four seven. We don't know when the gate keepers will log in for their next move but it will have to be soon and for long hours."

"Why is that?"

"Lazarus' Health is down to twenty per cent max. If they can't solve it within the next two weeks, I'm afraid he will be just another pretty avatar with minimal playing power. The Assassin will be pretty useless. He will not be able to play properly with such an overwhelming disadvantage. No one can last long without any Health."

"I see," Damon said. "Guess I'll have to speak to Lily again. I've got a few ideas that can speed things up."

"What?"

The Head of Creative Team chuckled. "I'll surprise you."

---------

"Sooooo ..." Lorenzo said. "We go get the Bello's anazzosh, yes?"