Chapter 121 - Bello

"Wait!!" screamed the Witch. "Don't kill him!"

"MYUTT!!"

"He is NOT Vogeruksss!!"

"Myut, myut, myut!!" the Bello argued angrily but she did stop crushing the human caught within her coils.

"I know you tassted it on him but he isss not one of them. He hasss been poissoned with the nauk dzi vrasss. It'sss in him!"

"Myut!" came the sullen reply.

"We need him to be free," the Witch said firmly.

After a long tensed moment the Bello rose reluctantly into the air, revealing Lazarus in a tight half crouch with his arms covering his head protectively. He was drenched in thick green slime. The Boss stood hovering above the Assassin on her numerous tentacles caging the offending human under her within leathery purple bars.

"Oh Gods!" Lazarus peeked out from under his arms. "Am I still alive?"

She bent down until she could see him. "Myut, myut."

"Yuck," he said in disgust holding up one gooey hand. "Seriously!"

"Idiot," chimed Valentine and Constantine together in relief. They had been shocked when their friend had suddenly disappeared under the monster. The Bello had been too fast and too sudden.

"Let him go," said the Witch calmly. "Pleasse?"

The Bello's human face pouted and she shrugged but did not lift her tentacles. However her colours lightened again. She frowned. "Myut."

"I promisse. You know you can trusst me." The Witch took a grilled Kivh as a peace offering and held it out it to the Bello. "They gathered all thesse for you ..."

"Myut?" the hybrid thought for a moment before touching and then accepting the succulent morsel with a tentacle. Slowly she transferred it to a human hand before taking a dainty bite with her human mouth revealing little sharp teeth and chewed enthusiastically.

"Bello." The neutral melodious sing song voice was back.

"Now can you releasse him? We have much to do."

The Bello lifted her tentacles amiably and moved gracefully to the side whilst taking another bite of her prize. She settled down near the Witch who offered her another freshly barbequed Kivh and munched happily.

She looked pointedly at her freed prisoner who was slowly standing up. "Bello," she stated.

"Yeah, thanks," the Assassin responded without thinking. He was busy trying to get as much slime as he could off his clothes. "Ewwww gross."

"Bell-lo, bell-lo?"

"Nope, none taken."

The orc relaxed their stances; the monster was on their side for now. However, they wondered what they could do if she decided to attack them. She was very fast and incredibly strong. She had demonstrated that in their first few moments on encountering her. They might be able to rush the Bello and take her by surprise. The Spell caster could freeze her while the nimble one could cut her with his mighty long sword. Then the four of them could take her down despite her strong and menacing looking tentacles. They had no doubt she could crush them with little effort with those long poisonous coils if she wanted to.

Lazarus had been lucky. The Witch had stopped the Bello in time before she injected him with her poison, not that she could not have smothered and crushed him dead with her sheer mass.