Chapter 103 - Time Shield

The Warlord looked around the hallway. Dead orc bodies were still disappearing everywhere, the bright pixels from the slain floating up and fading away slowly. The bodies were big plus there were many who had perished in the failed coup attempt. It would take time for the mess to clear up.

"Check the bodies. Make sure all 'dead' bodies really are dead. Kill any orc faking death ... whichever side they are on. A warrior deserves death for even thinking of saving their own lives the coward's way," Kalthu instructed his warriors.

"Sir!!" Loud thumps echoed throughout the hall as huge fists beat against broad solid chests in response to the order.

Kalthu, still alert for danger, made his way to his human friends. He had to ensure the fragile beings were unharmed ... or at least still breathing. He knew they could heal miraculously even if terrible injured. All they had to do was drink their sacred brews or bathe themselves in their coloured lights. The fabled ghost lords could even on occasion, bring back the dead. He would never forget how Lazarus had done that for his beloved mate, Sharn.

"Lazarus, Valentine. Constantine!" the Warlord called his human friends in concern. "Little wolfie, are you injured?"

"Little? Who me?" snorted Anya. "I'm not a pup anymore. I am almost full grown!"

Lazarus smiled. "He means it in a good way Anya," he mind-spoke his disgruntled wolf. She had not formally met the brutish Warlord before. "He is a good friend; we fought side by side in the Uprising together with Valentine, the other gatekeepers and some other players. He can be trusted."

"Oh! He helped you. Then he is o'kay I guess, maybe ..." Anya mentally promoted the grey muscled orc up higher her personal priority list ... but not too high, yet, Warlord or not. She still didn't like the way he had casually called her 'Wolfie'. She had a name, and a very pretty name too!

"My Lord Kalthu, we are unharmed, thanks to Isis and the others who came to aid us," Lazarus assured the worried orc. He knelt to hug his familiar tightly. "Anya is o'kay too."

"Oownnn-yaaa? Annn-yaah?" the orc said with difficulty at the alien name.

Lazarus' mouth quirked upwards in amusement as his wolf gave a low warning growl at the mispronunciation. "Close enough."

"I'm fine, thanks friend!"

"Me too."

Valentine plucked mournfully at his bloody and torn outfit, "but I'll have to get something else to wear ... I cannot be seen in this!"

"Ahhh! I know exactly what you mean, my friend. It would not do for our many, many, many fans to see us like this, yes?" Constantine chimed in agreeing whole heartedly.

"Good, all are o'kay. The others?" Kalthu looked around for the human female warriors. It would not do for them to be hurt either. They had appeared at a crucial time and had help with the victory against the traitors.

"They have gone back. Do not worry about them. They are safe." Lazarus then turned to Constantine. "How are you holding up?"

"I am whole and in control. I have stabilised the time shield," announced the Red Warlock proudly. He stood up turning to look beyond the shimmering wall at the frustrated Overlord inside and gulped nervously.

The Overlord's hands were balled into fists and he had a scary expression on his face. His whole body trembled in barely suppressed tension. He, the esteemed Overlord of the mighty orc Realm, best and strongest fighter among his warriors had just been denied the fight of a lifetime; a fight to apprehend a traitor trying to kill him and his bloodline and also a chance to fight with the fabled ghost lords. The worst part was that he had to watch it all, the blood, the gore and all the fun that he had to miss, so yeah he was a little pissed.