Chapter 23 - Kirana

Kirana, Berserker Level 70 regarded the handsome Heroes standing in front of her. They had both levelled up. She blinked several times in amazement and broke into a delighted chuckle.

Lazarus, Assassin Level 76 and Valentine, Thief Level 74, were both here, in front of her.

Wow, she had forgotten how handsome both Heroes were. All the Heroes in Orc Wars were handsome and beautiful, but these two were exceptional, other than her brother, of course.

Seasoned gamers automatically upgrade and improve their avatars with every session. Small unnoticeable details that were overlooked by the casual player were added with every level, enhancing the Hero's skills, looks, physical prowess and overall power. Basic resources and skills were continuously upgraded. Experience in gaming really showed in the minute details. Just look at these two specimens standing in front of her!

Kirana eyed the Assassin appreciatively. He really did know how to dress she thought. The bright cobalt blue runes running along the edges of his elegant dark brown outfit gave his sexy grey silver eyes a bluish tinge. His long dark hair was tied neatly, falling over his shoulders and his trademark ebony black bow slung over his back. He stood in a relaxed posture. He was in a fellow gatekeeper's shielded premises and said gatekeeper was a friend.

Valentine was every inch his usual dashing self. He cut a fine masculine figure in black with orange trim. His blond hair was artistically messy, falling into his bright blue eyes attractively. A fine longsword hung on his hip. He was fidgety, full of energy and excitement. He was more than ready to try his first Orb Trial, other than his own.

Correction, Kirana corrected herself, they both knew how to dress. Then again, at their high levels, they had unlocked a large range and variety of clothing options and had amassed more than enough gold for shopping. The Thief gave her a slight bow, flashing his white teeth at her cheekily. He was here as back-up.

"My Lords," she greeted them. She herself was dressed in black leather and light steel armour edged in furs. A high level Berserker known for her beauty and aggressive playing style, she revelled in close combat. She would make a good team with Lazarus, he preferred long range fights. Her gaze settled on Lazarus. "I've been expecting you." She paused then continued, "but I did not expect him," she said nodding at the handsome Thief.

Lazarus's lips twitched. Of course she had known he was coming. News of his move to obtain the first two Orbs had spread like wildfire. She knew she was next, Constantine, the Red Warlock was Level 78 and would be last. Also, he had messaged her outside the game. Valentine had unexpectedly come on board the last minute.

"He was having so much fun, I thought I'd join him," Valentine laughed.

"Lady," Lazarus bowed slightly. "I couldn't stop him," he said almost apologetically, but his silver eyes were twinkling merrily. "Besides, I got tired of dying by myself all the time. He'll make good fodder and I will get my revenge for dying so many times at his Trial."

Valentine rolled his eyes and jabbed the assassin standing next to him. "Yeah, right. We will see who is going to be the fodder."

She burst out laughing. "It's okay, you are also very welcome Lord Valentine but you should know, I'm no Lady! Tell me what you want Assassin ... Laz," she finished on a softer note. She really was quite fond of him. All five Gatekeepers had formed a special bond. They were survivors of the Dark Orc Ages and Lazarus had sacrificed himself to help Constantine rescue her. She would never forget that. If only she and Constantine weren't a couple in the Game ...