Chapter 97 - PvP

Arena 5 locked as the two Players entered the terms and stakes of the match.

Arena 5, PvP (Player vs Player)

Althea, Healer, Level 45 vs Nyx, Assassin, Level 67.

*** DEATHMATCH ***

Stakes :

1. Loser to stay away from Gatekeeper Lazarus's Orb Trial, The Assassin's Path.

2. Loser to stay away from Gatekeeper Lazarus' NPC.

3. Loser to stay away from Gatekeeper Lazarus.

4. Loser to stay away from Gatekeeper Lazarus' City(s).

Handicap : Nyx, Assassin, Level 67 will not be able to use melee and long ranged weapons.

No time limit.

Confirm / Edit / Quit

Please choose to continue, the message blinked invitingly to the Players. The two girls looked at each other and pressed Confirm. The Match was closed to the public, they had both agreed on that one thing. At the very least, the loser would not be humiliated in front of a huge crowd.

Rumours had already spread like wildfire over the two beautiful high ranking girls fighting. There had been many witnesses at the Assassin's Path when the challenge had been issued. It was to settle some personal grudge between them. The best part of the formal battle was that it was a fight to the death. Stakes? No one knew what the exact stakes were but it was high and it included the real Lazarus. How and why? No one knew either. Unfortunately, the fight was private. It would be recorded by the Game. Only the two Players would know the results. The stakes would be strictly enforced by the Game.

Players confirmed. Stakes confirmed. Handicap confirmed.

Please choose your terrain ...

Althea looked at Nyx. What would she prefer? She should choose something to her advantage.

"Random?" Nyx voiced her opinion, " ... to be fair."

"Fine."

Random Terrain selected. Please wait awhile ...

It was tacitly understood that the appearance of the terrain would mark the start of the match.

Assassin and Healer went into battle mode. It was a beautiful sight. Two experienced fighters on high alert, facing each other, weapons drawn in readiness. Both Heroes were exquisitely crafted and in good form.

An abandoned poor village setting appeared. Crude mud houses with straw thatched roofs rose up around them. The weather became hot and dry, the artificial sun beating down on the two Heroes seemed hotter and brighter. It made the air shimmer, distorting images ... and targets. Nothing live could be seen in this desolate place.

Game on.

Twang!!

Nyx, dodged and rolled on the ground stopping in a low crouch as an arrow whizzed past where her head had been a second ago. She glared at Althea who was holding a cross bow and flicked a naked blade in her direction before ducking into an open doorway.

A soft cry of annoyance confirmed that the Healer was not hit. Then again, Nyx had not really expected to score. It had been only a delaying tactic. She wanted a chance to study the Healer. Althea was an experienced player. Although under a different guise, she had finished top ten in Season One, thought Nyx. Don't underestimate her. Still, she had the upper hand. Althea/Silhouette may have more gaming experience in Orc Wars but she was a higher level and had recently trained under the very best.