Chapter 18 - Plan A and Plan B

"What colour?"

Rose thought for a second, watching as Jace scrolled down the Orc Wars shopping menu. "White. You are always wearing black. Let's see how Laz looks in the other extreme."

Jace half-smiled. Rose was sitting next to him helping him to shop for Lazarus. She had complained that 'Laz always looks so gloomy'. Before this, Jace had always dressed his Hero according to the stats he could get for attacks, defence, buffs and boosts. Fashion was easy in Orc Wars, everyone looked good due to the efforts of the Simtrixx team. Anything thrown together tended to match in a weird awesome way for each good-looking avatar, even with mismatched colours, weird pieces of armour or equipment or accessories.

Usually, Jace dressed Lazarus in black or some other dark colour because it was easy to blend in and hide in the shadows. Now that he was not doing any sneaking around or spy quests, it didn't matter.

And, Rose wanted him to see his avatar dressed in another colour.

"That one! It looks really cool!" Rose exclaimed excitedly.

"This one? Okay." Jace clicked on a complete white outfit set. She had expensive taste. It consisted of a tight fitting pair of pants, a loose shirt, simple white leather vest with silver details. The white leather boots had reinforced steel toes and heels. Not too flashy. Simple yet elegant, most importantly it would not hinder his movements if and when he needed to fight. That was all he cared about.

"Oh! Put it on, put it on!"

"Umm, close your eyes."

"Pfftt!!" Rose rolled her eyes and stuck out her tongue playfully at him before obediently closing them

Ash laughed. "Someone's shy!"

"Shut up."

"Umm, looks good. Hold your Darklight bow." Rose heard Ash talking.

"Okay, done. You can open your eyes now."

"Wow," Rose sighed dreamily at the image on the screen. Lazarus stood resplendent in pure white and silver. His long black hair and bow contrasted starkly against his new clothes. "It brings out the silver in your eyes ..."

Ash chuckled from behind. "Oh-uh, she has the hots for him. If you are not careful, Laz will steal Rose away from you."

Jace shrugged. "If he does, I'll make him jump off a cliff or something ... 2D of course."

"Don't you dare touch him!" Rose glared at the two grinning boys.

"Okay. That's it for shopping. I'm done." Jace closed the Shopping menu.

"But there is so much more to see. Your clothes menu is so different from the girl's. The shirts, pants, armour, shoes and different hair styles, there is a whole selection of stuff. We haven't even checked out the new accessories and weapons yet. I want to browse some more ... maybe we'll find some other nice stuff for you to wear."

Rose's voice was filled with longing, she wasn't done shopping. She had seen several Items she wanted to have a closer look at but Jace had been too focused. His shopping style was entirely too abrupt and unsatisfactory.

When she said 'white', Jace had immediately filtered out all the other colours. He had also deftly censored all the outrageous outfits which 'Lazarus' would never wear even if he had to run around stark naked. Using key words as filters, the whole experience was much too efficient for her taste. She wanted to browse, try out different stuff on the avatar and experiment on Lazarus. The avatar could try on the Items before buying them. She could spend many happy hours window shopping and playing dress-up.