Chapter 16 - Dungeon 30 Minotaur

"Jace! You gotta see this ... it's gone viral."

Ash pushed the screen under his friend's nose. Jace gaped at the display. It was Lazarus dying gruesomely ... again. He groaned .... Why was it always the embarrassing ones that go viral?

Hey wait a second ... why was it on the net? Who released it? It was not 2D images from playing the MMORPG, it was nice sharp high density videos of the actual fights, from different angles. And they had close-ups. Jace groaned as the camera showed Laz's face screwed up in pain as his body was hacked mercilessly to pieces by the crazy warrior. Each blow drawing more blood and gore. It had to be Simtrixx.

"Your first trial has gone viral too. It was released earlier."

Jace scrolled down the list. Both his Trials were there. There were three variations of the first and there were eight of the second. He cringed, Simtrixx had shown each time Lazarus died separately and then had them meshed up. One was of his final success. He didn't dare read the numerous comments.

He looked around fugitively, "Don't show this to anyone."

Ash grinned broadly. "Too late, everyone who plays the game has seen it. And a few who don't has too."

Jace groaned and tried to hide his face.

"Hehehe luckily no one knows its you."

"Everyone is talking about it. Lazarus' next big move, will he be able to gather the Orbs? And why would a Gatekeeper suddenly want to go through the portal, that's why he is collecting the Orbs isn't it?" Ash raised his eyebrows. "You have effectively stirred the masses, my friend."

"I was only doing what I needed to do."

"Sigh!" Ash sighed dramatically. "The rest of us pale in comparison to you. You make the rest of us Gatekeepers look sooooo boring."

Jace gave a half-smile. "You guys are boring."

"Oh, what can we do but play our part?" Ash continued lamenting. "We are but little pawns in a great game."

"You want action? You can help me run a few dungeons. I need to level back up."

"Oh?"

"At my level, even if I managed to get all five Orbs, I can't get through the portal. Only Level 80 and above can go through, remember?"

"Hmm."

"We haven't done any dungeons in Orc Wars but it should be similar to all the other MMORPG games we have played. Only thing is, we can do these in virtual. I think it would be much cooler."

Simtrixx had added dungeons to the Game. There were two dungeons for each Level, complete with minions and Bosses in them.

Ash's blue eyes returned his friend's intense slate green stare thoughtfully. Then he rubbed his hands together, "YES!! I need to level up too. Who said you need to go over to enemy territory alone?"

Jace looked at Ash startled, then his mouth turned up and he thumped Ash on his back. "Yeah, who said that?"

-----------------------------------------

That night when Ash went online, he saw that Jace was already on and had sent him coordinates. Hmm, he must have gotten on immediately after getting back. He glanced at the time, the night was still young. Gleefully, he logged on.

"Why are we at this one? We can go straight to the higher level dungeons," Valentine asked in disgust. The two Gatekeepers were outside a Level Thirty dungeon.