Chapter 147 - Truce

When Thalasis gave the signal, Constantine and Valentine ran into the jaav ukon's chambers close behind the Overlord and Warlord. They went straight to Lazarus who had collapsed onto the floor like a rag doll.

Gently, they pulled him up into a sitting position.

"Laz, are you ok?"

Only a soft moan answered them.

"He should be alright soon, yes? He is still glowing, no? The Lifestone is still working, yes?"

Although Lazarus' body was healing quickly, he was still trying to come to terms with the emotional shock. He had never doubted Anya's love and loyalty but he had never expected the level of selflessness and devotion she had displayed. It was beyond crazy, she had died painfully so many times. It hurt. A miserable sob escaped the Assassin's bloodless lips as he clutched at Valentine's shirt and burrowed his face into his friend's chest. His whole body was shaking uncontrollably.

"Chosen, tell him Anya is fine. I would have done the same for you," Tania mind-spoke Valentine. Immediately Valentine's throat closed up and he blinked back sudden tears. He shook his head automatically in denial. No, not Tania!

"And like him, I would never want you to do that. I wouldn't be able to bear you in such pain, dying over and over. It must have been terrible."

"I would want to if I could help you or ease even a tiny bit of your suffering, Chosen. It is our calling."

Valentine sniffed and hugged Lazarus tight. Thank God it wasn't Tania who had to go through the torture.

"Laz? Tania says Anya is o'kay."

Only a miserable muffled sob answered Valentine.

"They are only pixelated programmed NPCs ... our familiars," Constantine said sadly, "but they are now part of us. We hurt if they hurt, yes?" Xico had filled him in so he was up to speed. "And I would never want Xico to be in any kind of pain. I love my beautiful Xico."

"I love you too, Chosen," chirped the Red Falcon lovingly.

Valentine sighed and held onto the Assassin. It was all he could do to comfort his friend. Lazarus was calming down slowly and had stopped trembling.

The wall nearest them lighted up with a message only the Ghost Lords could see.

SAVE THE ORC PRINCE QUEST : COMPLETED by Lord Lazarus

Rewards : 500,000 XP points, Gold Chest Box (Please check your Inventory)

Group Reward : Bonus 500,000 XP points, Mystery Box Set (Please check your inventory)

Constantine's eyes lighted up and he grinned.

"YESSSS!! He did it."

"Yeah," said Valentine looking down at his friend. He continued cradling and rocking Lazarus gently, "Now we can all go home."

Constantine thumped Valentine in his shoulder. "He will be alright" he said comfortingly. "He is stronger than he looks, yes? We have all seen how he pulls himself together and get up again."

The Thief nodded and heaved a sigh. Constantine was right. Lazarus was stronger than he looked, just like Jace.

"Let's get him up."

The two Ghost Lords managed to haul their friend up. A few more moments and the Assassin may even be able to stand on his own.

"Oh hey ..." Valentine yelped in surprised. A purple tentacle had wormed its way around the Lazarus' waist whilst another two was prying him and Constantine from the recovering Assassin.