Chapter 45 - Daystar

Lazarus had come to a decision. He would continue training Nyx on the off chance that Anya could still be hers one day. Simtrixx had more plot twists than any soap-opera or drama. Who knows what they would come up with. Some weird situation may arise that could make it possible. If that happened, he would transfer Anya immediately. The loyal familiar deserved better than him.

"C'mon Anya. We are going dungeoning."

He ported to dungeon 55. The white wolf followed gamely. She was happy her chosen was being more active. He was almost himself again. Almost.

Lazarus, Assassin, level 79 arrived to find the others waiting for him. Valentine, Thief Level 76 and Nyx, Assassin Level 58 were at the dungeon's start playing with Tania.

"You're here," Valentine greeted him.

"Yeah."

"Hi Laz! Hi Anya!" Nyx waved at him before continue scratching Tania.

He waved back at her. "This one is a little tricky. It needs a team, one person alone will find it tough in there."

"But you've done it before?"

The assassin shrugged, "I needed some Items from the Boss. It will be great if we are able to get more."

Valentine clapped him on his back. "It's fine, as long as we get XP to level up. One more level for you and four for me to be able to get through the portal. Level 80 here we come," he sang.

"Anya," Lazarus called his familiar who was getting a tummy rub from Nyx. "Let's go."

Anya snorted and rolled over. "Awww, she was just getting to the good part."

"You can stay out here if you want to. I'm going in."

"No. I will come with you." She got up and stretched before going to him.

"Okay, get ready, Val, Nyx," he cautioned his friends as he went into battle mode. "This dungeon is triggered the second you enter, I suggest you go into battle mode and arm yourselves before going in."

"Anya, tell Tania what we are up against. Make sure she knows to keep her footing. It's slippery and cold in there."

"I already did. Let's go!" She wagged her tail excitedly.

Before they could go in, Tania hunched, hackles rising and growled in warning. Anya stiffened beside Lazarus sensing his sudden shift in posture. Two Heroes were approaching them.

"Val?"

Valentine's eyes widened in surprise. He recognised one.

Althea, Healer Level 33.

The Thief tensed. The other Hero, he did not know. He was a dangerous looking mage who looked like he could handle a fight.

Daystar, Mage Level 45.

Lazarus tensed but kept quiet. She had called Valentine not him. When she was sure she had their attention, she linked arms with the Mage and smiled sweetly.

"Hi!" the Healer said brightly. "Everyone, meet Daystar!'

"Umm, hi?" Valentine said nervously glancing at Lazarus. The Assassin didn't look pleased, his eyes hardened and he had clenched his jaw. Nyx studied the couple curiously. They looked good together.

Lazarus' silver eyes flicked from Althea to the handsome broad-shouldered Mage beside her. He nodded at him before turning away, a stricken look on his face. You are over her. You are OVER her. You are over HER. He kept repeating the litany over and over in his head.