Chapter 75 - The Orc Realm

Authors Note : Back from my haitus. I will try to post once a week and double that when I've settled some stuff irl. Thanks for waiting and enjoy.

22/11/2018

----------------------

The three humans and three familiars emerged into absolute darkness.

Constantine, Warlock Level 86, Familiar Xico, Falcon

Lazarus, Assassin Level 84, Familiar Anya, Wolf

Valentine, Thief Level 82, Familiar Tania, Wolf

They only knew they had come out of the Portal because the eerie soundless vacuum nothingness that had threatened their sanity had been replaced with a dry chilly atmosphere.

Congratulations. You are the first to cross the Portal into the Orc Realm successfully.

Find the Lifestone and return it to the Ghost Lords' Realm. Return the Lands to its former glory and usher in a new Golden Age. Your name will be remembered by all for eternity.

Return here to cross back into your own Realm once you have achieved the Lifestone Quest. The Lifestone will activate the Portal. Proceed with care for unknown dangers lurk in the Realm of the Orcs.

The illuminated words faded leaving the Heroes in pitch black once again. All three froze in their tracks. Nothing could be seen in the darkness which engulfed them.

Lazarus cocked his head listening. It was like being blind again. There were no other sounds except the soft breathing of his two companions and the low growls of the familiars. Xico was silent but the Assassin's acute Perception allowed him to sense the predatory bird perched somewhere on top to his right. There was the soft rustling of feathers which gave the predatory bird away.

"Constantine?" he called out softly.

"Here."

A soft reddish mage light appeared. The small globe floated above the Red Warlocks open palm. Slowly the light brightened and rose up above their heads illuminating their surroundings.

They were in a small rocky cave, just large enough to house the portal's bulky structure. A sandy path led the way out through a narrow passage. The two wolves sniffed the air.

"There is no one here. Only us."

Lazarus reached out to pat Anya's head and scratched the Familiar's luxurious white fur, feeling her warmth. She closed her eyes and leaned into his hand. He shivered, but stilled himself the next instant. Ever since the orc poison had reached Phase Four, he had been cold. He seemed to be freezing from the inside, the cold building up slowly.

Valentine stomped his feet and hugged himself. "Brrrr, is it just me or is it really cold?"

"What?" Lazarus jerked his head to stare at Valentine. He had not mentioned it to anyone yet. Maybe he did not feel the chill in the air for the ice in his blood.

"It's just you, my weak friend." Constantine smirked. "See? Even Laz is o'kay."

"Huh?" Valentine turned startled at the grinning Warlock.

Lazarus plastered a smile on his face and stepped forward. He did not correct the warlock. They were all excited to finally be in the orc realm. This was not the time to worry them.

"C'mon, let's get out of here and try to get information on this banished orc, Sharak. Isis said the orc was famous for his knowledge of poisons."

Sharak, the Banished One, Lazarus thought ominously. It did not sound promising but it was the only lead he had.