Chapter 80 - Captured

The Orc in charge was a smart one. He had divided his troops, instructing the larger unit to go round the two creatures and go after their real target. He had seen Kasakh escaping.

"You three," he snatched the leather strap of the nearest orc's armor and pushed him roughly toward the two gatekeepers. He looked behind him at another two warriors including them in his command. "Finish them off and follow us."

"The rest of you, follow me. We need to secure the girl."

"Kill off the small one and the two puppies but take her alive."

Constantine and Lazarus watch in disbelief as only the three orcs started up the rise towards them. The rest of the grey warriors followed their Captain as he started to the left to go around.

"This is not good, we have to delay them. Val needs more time to escape ..." Lazarus trailed off as he noticed the almost comical expression on the Red Warlock's face. Constantine was scowling. His face had turned to an ugly shade of purple, his lips were pursed into a thin line, eyes narrowed dangerously.

"What's wrong? Constantine?" Lazarus asked anxiously. "Constantine?"

Constantine, the great Red Warlock was utterly and thoroughly furious.

"I. Will. Not. Be. IGNORED!"

"I will not! I will NOT!" Constantine grounded out between clenched teeth. "Freaking orcs! Do they not know who I am? Huh? Don't they? I tell you, they do not!! I am the great Constantine! I am the greatest warlock in all the realms. Do they not see that I am a great threat?!" He ignored the three advancing warriors and ported to the larger force, a force worthy of his mighty battle skills. "Xico!!" he summoned his familiar.

Red lightning crackled out from his hands as he initiated the attack. Electricity crawled over grey bodies as they went down in a shout, making the others turn to focus on the new threat.

"Hey, wait! What about these guys?" Lazarus called after the rampaging Warlock. The three were going to do their job even if it was only one being now. "Right, guess I'll deal with you on my own then."

The Assassin aimed and fired, the crossbow rebounding again and again in his hands. He maintained a firm grip as he reloaded as quickly as he shot. Three for each orc ... just to be sure. One didn't seem enough to kill the hulking beings. They seemed bigger, tougher and meaner here compared to those in Season One. New and improved orcs version 2.0 Lazarus thought randomly.

He could hear Constantine cursing vehemently behind him as he fought but did not dare turn around. The orcs he had shot were still moving forward, only one had 'died' bursting into a fiery ball. One had fallen onto the ground and was struggling to get up. The last one had actually pulled out the arrows from his body, thick black icky ichor leaking from his wounds. They were tough.

Lazarus, Health 32 per cent

Lazarus tilted his head, aimed and let out another three successive shots. One stilled the struggling orc, making him fall back before dying. The other one froze in his tracks as the Assassin's two arrows thudded into him, finally killing him. The gatekeeper did not wait until the warrior's hot pixels faded. Once certain that the last orc posed no more danger, he turned to check on the wayward warlock.

Constantine, Health 89 per cent.

The Red Warlock was still having a blast. Spell after spell formed in his hands which he threw at the offending enemy, his mouth never stopping for breath. Xico was also helping his Chosen. The deadly falcon dive-bombed again and again aiming at any exposed grey flesh he could find. The predatory bird stripped thick hide with his sharp beak and clawed flesh with deadly talons. He pecked at black beady eyes and flapped his powerful wings buffeting the enemy.