Chapter 158 - Wild Boss

Lynn peeked in, knocking softly on the open door. Her young handsome boss had his head gear on and was hard at work. He was watching the playback of Season Two participants.

All eight groups had had a session. Each session was two hours long followed by an hour break. The 4866 contestants for Season Two were broken up into groups of 610 each. The last group had only 596 participants. As the show progressed and people got eliminated, the sessions would be longer.

She had forwarded the schedules to him one week before the reality show started. In fact, he had her print out an enlarged copy which was pinned neatly to one wall. Underneath were some charts and printed data on the season two quests and dungeons. She was amused to see it covered in coloured tags and codes in his neat handwriting. She did not know what the colours and codes meant. Maybe he will tell her later.

Next to it was a large glass whiteboard. Acronyms in charts were drawn up outlining the seven classes and their attributes. Several Items were starred or written in different colours with symbols. The eighth and ninth class were still under discussion. Jace had given Creative a report on the known identities, qualities and the usual fighting styles and skills associated with them. Characteristically, he had thrown a few unorthodox ideas in the mix. Avatars with the same skills as other games in the market tend to be boring. It was to add to Creative's own setup for each character. If all went well, the two new classes would be released in the coming Orc Wars updates.

The more detailed data on Season Two and his other recommendations on Simtrixx's MMORPGs including Orc Wars were in the system.

Jace listened intently to the head phones covering his ears but glanced up at Lynn to smile at her.

"Come on in," he mouthed tapping the 'Pause' button.

"Files," she said holding up the stack she was carrying. Some were the feedback and statistics he had asked for. Other included some research, feedback and documents needing his further instructions and approvals. She took care of the general and miscellaneous stuff.

"They want your input and signature."

"O'kay."

Jace gestured to an empty corner of his modern glass desk. Then he went back to the screen. His sexy grey green eyes studied the lit screens professionally whilst his slender fingers danced on the keyboard as he typed in his notes and observations. Several screens were showing the many online gameplays simultaneously. He could choose to see from any screen and enlarge any particular one he wanted. His access came with the privilege of his position.

Lynn nodded. She sat the files down quietly and went out. He would have work for her when he finished viewing the first session. Meanwhile, she still had a lot to do.

"Thanks Lynn," he called after her. She waved without turning around, her mind already on the other tasks waiting for her.

Lynn was a dependable assistant and ran his office efficiently. She was knowledgeable in both gameplay and the technical stuff. Most calls, inquiries and emails were answered by her. They had many discussions and she adjusted to his style of thinking as she got to know him better. After her first few drafts, he was more than happy to let her handle the bulk of questions and confirmations regarding avatars, dungeons, NPCs and other miscellaneous stuff. He however personally handled questions on player techniques, interaction and strategy.

Jace's attention went back to the multiple screens in front of him. He shook his head in amusement to discover the class choices of Season Two. They had definitely been influenced by Season One. There were too many Mages compared to the other classes. Lorenzo would be proud. He took special pride in his class and kept casual surveillance on the upcoming players. They were sort of his babies, he said. He felt responsible for the Mage Class.