Chapter 140 - Mage Battle

The Red Warlock walked into the open confidently to face the Necromancer. Laz and Val were hidden nearby. He trusted them to take out the Imperial orcs who were now turning their attention to him. His friends would finish them before they could help Mallarg.

"Your time has come traitor!"

The Hero's challenge initiated a one on one battle with the NPC.

Constantine (Hero) vs Mallarg (NPC)

Constantine waved his hands marking his arena. A blue black fiery ring rose from the ground to encircle the two magic users. The flames flickered as high as an orc's chest. Now, nothing animate could cross the border. He did not want Laz and Val to accidentally get hit by any magical backlash during his fight. The flaming boundary would contain the magical mage war between him and the Necromancer.

Mallarg stared in shock at Constantine. He couldn't believe his eyes! The foolish human had actually come out of the Stronghold. The orc recovered himself quickly. The fool!! Mallarg thought gleefully. He had come here! Here! And on his own, to enemies' territory! How arrogant!! Did he really think that he was indestructible? Mallarg knew that the Ghost Lords were not immune to death. Reports of their early capture and torture upon their arrival in the orc realm had reached to him. Only the incompetence and carelessness of the orc patrol had led to the Ghost Lords escape. Their miserable deaths were well deserved indeed.

"You mean your time," replied the Necromancer automatically accepting the challenge as programmed.

CHALLENGE ACCEPTED

Constantine (Hero) vs Mallarg (NPC)

Without warning, the twisted orc attacked the human with a powerful purple energy blast. Luckily the Red Warlock was ready and alert. Mallarg was a high level Boss not to be taken lightly. Constantine retaliated immediately with his own lightning strike. Bright red electricity reached hungrily for the orc but he blocked it.

Constantine smiled. O'kay, warm up was over. Now to get serious.

Mallarg's Imperial orcs raised their weapons preparing to rush the foolish lone Spell caster. Suddenly arrows pierced them from nowhere. Six of their brethren died before they could move. The Imperial warriors yelled looking for the new menace. A wave of fear washed over them when two other armed Ghost Lords emerged from the shadows. The Spell caster was not alone after all. Their fear was well founded. Within minutes all of them died. The only proof of their virtual existence was disappearing as floating fiery pixels winked out.

Mallarg was beyond angry. What happened? Who was killing his Imperial Orcs? One glance outside the blue black flames and he blanched. Two Ghost Lords were outside, busily killing his army. It was not the presence of the Ghost Lords themselves that struck fear and doubt into his heart. It was that he recognised the Mark of the Lifestone on one of them. The Dark One now had an unmistakable radiance emanating from him. The ends of his long ebony hair had also been bleached pure white, announcing the Lifestone flowing in his veins.

The Necromancer had often wondered at the obscurity of the Prophecy before, having searched long and hard for the identity of the Destroyer in order to assassinate him. But the description had been too vague to identify anyone or any creature. Now too late, it became all too clear. Lazarus was described exactly as foretold.

'And the Destroyer will be Marked by Life itself. He shall be branded both Dark and Light, black and white and be bright to the mystic eye ...'

The Destroyer!! Here! Now! Mallarg swallowed down his fear. NO! He could still kill them and overcome the blasted Prophecy. He refused to believe that his fate was set in stone. He could still win. The Destroyer would NOT ruin his plans. He would not allow it.