Chapter 138 - Last Stand Part Two

On the far rampart, Hannak screamed commands. Her section had been breached. The tough female warrior gripped her giant orc sword swinging it expertly to cut off a growling canine head when it appeared over the wall. Lava splashed onto the wall steaming to cool into dark spots. The lava hound's body soon followed after its flying head back into the snarling mass

"Hah!! Bloody mutt!!"

The warriors around her were soon battling at close range. Deadly claws and teeth were met with spike clubs and orc swords. Splashing lava blood was avoided as much as possible as warriors attacked to finish off wounded hounds. Orc skin blistered and peeled, hot steaming slobber left painful burns on thick hides as the demon dogs lunged at the savage brutes. Clothing and leather were ignited and put out hastily. The hounds suffered too. Muscles and bone were frozen by deep cuts inflicted by potion covered weapons. Every blade, spike, axe, sword and spear was covered in Isis' miraculous brew. The wounds caused by these weapons greatly hampered mobility, but more importantly, they increased damage allowing the orcs to kill the hounds more easily.

The hounds howled in pain and snarled aggressively. They were not giving up, not when they were also feeding from their Kills. They had been starved for too long, their insatiable hunger for fear and death tormenting their existence. Free food was right in front of them for the taking, just as the Necromancer had promised. The mighty orcs reeked of fear and excitement as they fought. Death was everywhere, death of both friends and foe fed the remaining packs, providing sustenance, health and energy. This improved the surviving hounds' life and endurance. The only problem was that the 'food' was fighting back and putting up quite the resistance.

Fighting intensified amidst the escalating chaos.

The Bello steadied herself with her tentacles and watched as the orcs took aim. Upon the Overlords first Kill down below, the archers started shooting. The fire creatures were like she had never seen before. They were hot, blustery and howled profanities. She wished the noisy creatures would shut up. She glanced around, the land creatures here did not seem to understand them at all but she did. Tsk! Tsk! Tsk! She would teach these puppies a lesson in manners!!

"Myutt, myutt!!"

The Bello lifted her tentacles, took aim and squirted experimentally. A spurt of luminous blue liquid shot out from a cyan ring under one of her purple limbs to land on a hound. It lifted its head in surprise, sniffed at the offending coloured spot and howled in pain as the dye seeped into its hide. Steam rose from the stricken canine enveloping it in an electric blue cloud of vapour. A few seconds later, it exploded in a mix of red, orange and blue.

"Hyuk! Hyuk! Hyuk!!" the Bello laughed gleefully clapping her human hands girlishly together. This was fun.

A wicked smile appeared on her sweet human lips as she raised more tentacles. Each appendage was patterned with hundreds of bright cyan rings of differing sizes. She had only used her 'normal' blue poison against the Vogeruks before but they were few in each herd and posed no challenge at all. She had rarely used her special Annazzosh on any occasion. This new situation would let her test her full capability with her normal poison without restraint. The best part was that there would be no repercussions; she was allowed to hurt those flaming creatures. In fact, the ruling orcs had made it clear that she was expected to. It would help them to defeat the hot dogs. The more she killed the better it would be.

Time to get serious! She wiggled her tentacles to loosen them up and got ready. Her internal systems were fired up for mass toxin production and release from her poison sacs. She flexed her muscles testing the flow control. Once she was ready she went into full combat mode.

"MYUTTT!! MYUTTTT!!" she shouted in warning before she started her assault. Blue rain filled the air as the Boss concentrated on finding targets and shooting her poison. Small jets of liquid were aimed at open muzzles, snouts and eyes, bigger ones were aimed at body parts. Each drop, big of small was fatal to the enemy. The lava hounds sizzled and howled when the deadly blue poison touched them. Once it landed on their molten skin, there was no escape. Clouds of blue steam formed and dissipated, blown away by cool magic breezes.