Chapter 107 - Secret of the Grey Mists

The sky flashed a blinding bright light attracting the gatekeepers' attention.

LifeStone Group Quest activated. Bonus group XP awarded.

Constantine and Lazarus read the message in the sky. He had done it! Valentine had come through. The Red Warlock made his way back to the Assassin and his wolf. The Thief would be here soon.

The two humans' sudden movement startled the Witch. As one, they had lifted their heads to the very empty grey sky, their anxious faces lighting up with hope and purpose. After a moment, the Spell caster had returned to the dark one. Now, they conferred in low tones. She glanced again at the sky wondering if she had missed something. There was absolutely nothing out of the ordinary there. She must be careful, the humans were more than they appeared to be. They had their own power and magic which she could not trace.

The atmosphere shifted as an electric Energy charged the air. Constantine was immediately on high alert. The Red Warlock automatically turned to the focus point of the gathering power, hands held up before him prepared for magical combat.

A small spinning fiery dot appeared. Red, orange and yellow sparks flew as it grew into a circular portal. Lazarus hastily gulped down a potion and drew his silver bow ready to shoot anything hostile that came through. Anya crouched growling; strong hind muscled bunched waiting for the right moment to pounce.

The Witch looked on unperturbed. She had seen this before.

Valentine and Kalthu stepped out of the blazing circle.

"Hey!! Don't shoot!! It's us!!"

"Stand down!! Stand down!"

Constantine powered down, just as Lazarus lowered his weapon. Anya relaxed in disappointment. She wanted to fight.

"Aiyayaiyayai! What is this? We sent you to get the Overlord's agreement and you come back with a whole horde?"

"Not a horde, just a few more bodies to help us along the way. A present from Jarrakg. I swear that orc fusses over his Commander Warlord worse than a mother hen."

Valentine grinned as leather clad grey warrior orcs stepped through the portal and into formation. Kalthu was busy giving instructions to his warriors.

"How many?"

"Only twenty. A small squad," replied Kalthu proudly.

When all had crossed safely, the fiery circle closed, vanishing into thin air. The charged atmosphere returned to normal.

"Umm, Thalasis' work," Valentine explained to Constantine's raised eyebrow and inquiring look. "I was soooo not going to port back and forth with these monsters despite the Overlord's orders. I would be dizzy for a week!"

"The Overlord only agreed to the Witch's terms if some of his warriors followed ... to help with the odds, you know. He though we would have a much better chance of ridding the lands of the Bello and securing the Life stone with these guys around."

"Rid the lands of the Bello?"

"Yeah, once we take the Life stone and the Witch is free, so will the Bello, be free, that is. The Overlord does not want a crazed monster rampaging through his lands killing randomly."

Constantine eyed the battle ready orcs. They were trained and ready for action. Yes, they would definitely be a big help.

"Is that o'kay with you, my Lady?" Lazarus addressed the Witch. He did not want the change in technical terms to void their agreement. She could open the Path and disappear, leaving them to their doom after all.