Chapter 81 - Interrogation

Read at your own risk. Lots of blood and gore ahead. That said, enjoy.

__________

Once they reached camp, the spell caster was strung up, spread-eagle. The iron chains at his hands were pulled taut over his head and his legs were secured to the supporting poles at each side.

They didn't bother with the other prisoner. He had not regain consciousness yet. He was half dead anyway and did not pose a threat, so they just cuffed his neck with an iron collar and secured the thick chain to another stout pole driven deep into the ground.

The spell caster was obviously the more dangerous one, he was obviously the leader and would also probably know more.

"Strip him."

At once, several orcs approached Constantine and ripped off the warlock's clothes roughly. Their eyes glittered in anticipation. The fun was going to start soon. In a few seconds, the warlock's expensive silk robes were torn from his bloody body. Constantine stood shivering in the cold, clad only in his loose pants and mage boots.

"Now," Braukke, the Captain asked, circling the Red Warlock, "Where were we?"

"You should step down from your post miserable orc for having such short term memory." Constantine replied sourly.

He had almost fully recovered his Health and his Energy, although it did take longer than usual. The half dried blood on his body and his tattoos hid his healed wounds. There was nothing wrong with his recovery rate unlike Lazarus, but the orc chains did slow down the process considerably.

The Captain grinned making his grey scarred face even uglier. He held out his hand and a wicked looking whip was placed in it. Slowly, he unwound it and flexed his bulging muscles. It was time for some fun.

Twack! He hit the ground experimentally. Dirt flew in the air and a small hole appeared. Constantine winced. Braukke tapped the whip against his huge palm. "Let's try again."

"Where is the girl heading?"

Constantine gulped closing is eyes. This was going to be painful. He took a deep breath and answered, "What girl?"

Twack!

"Arrgghhh!!"

The Red Warlock's body jerked in response. A bloody red line appeared diagonally on his broad back as the thin whip sliced his skin.

"Wrong answer." The grey leader paused, "Or maybe you didn't understand the question. I suppose your race, whatever you are, is not very smart. Just look at how the two of you tried to take on all of us," He guffawed at the memory. "Let me spell it out for you. Where did Kasakh, the half-grown female orc escape to? Where is she going with the other one and the puppies?"

"Oh ... is that her name? Nice name, I didn't know."

"Good answer stubborn one."

Twack! Twack! Blood sprayed from the warlock's body as he spasm in pain.

Every time the stubborn gatekeeper gave a nonsensical answer, the whip came down. Soon his flesh was in strips. Bright red blood covered his lacerated body, soaking his pants and trickling into his boots. He hung his head breathing irregularly.

Constantine, Health 68 per cent

"Sir, I don't think this is working. Maybe we should ...?" he glanced at the bleeding Assassin laying on the ground.

"Hmmm."

"What? What are you going to do?" Constantine raised his head, fear lacing his voice. Braukke's musing tone scared him.