Chapter 72 - Dungeon 80 Vampires Part 4

The Games Master turned to the CEO. "Did you see that? Did you see that? That was awesome! Now that's what I'm talking about," he announced with enthusiasm."

Everyone's eyes were glued to the main screen.

Jared's brows lifted in surprise. "That's it? He killed his friend and committed suicide? Even the wolves died. Good action but they failed the dungeon," he summed up critically.

"Hmmm, ahh, yes," Zen turned dazedly to the CEO gathering his thoughts. "That was just the first run. Everyone fails in the first run because they don't know what to expect."

"Why did Lazarus do that? He could have survived ingame and bid his time for another chance to finish off the Leader."

"No," Zen disagreed, his gaming instincts providing him the answers to Lazarus's actions. "It was obvious that there was no chance of him going up against the whole coven, however strong he is."

"That's his style," Aria spoke up. "He would rather die and try again later rather than be held hostage. He killed Valentine so that he could escape from that hopeless situation and re-spawn. They will probably try again later."

The Games Master beamed at Aria. This girl was definitely a genuine Orc Wars fan. She knew the Assassin's traits. The Thief's too. Valentine was not one who wanted to wait around for someone to rescue him. Aria knew what she was talking about.

Zen couldn't have explained it better himself. "True. Now that they know what to expect, they will revise strategies before attempting Dungeon 80 again."

"That makes sense," Jared nodded.

"Just wait a bit, if those two holds true to form, they will be back in a few minutes."

"Wait? I don't have much time," Jared hedged. This evaluation trip was taking more time than he had allotted. Still, he was finding out more things about Simtrixx's operation and Orc Wars than he had initially thought he would.

"Just a few minutes, Sir. I promise you will not regret it! They are always better the second time around."

"Nadine?" The CEO turned his gaze to the Director. "What do you think?"

"Well, yes. Those two usually run dungeons until they are satisfied with their results. Each time they go in, they are better prepared." She flushed under the CEO's direct intense scrutiny. "Ten minutes, if they don't run it again, I will email you the video of it when they run it next."

"Ten minutes," he consented much to the relief of his granddaughter. She really wanted to stay a bit longer.

Just then, an officer raised his voice, "Look! There they are. They have re-spawned in their own cities and are talking via chat."

"Bring up their conversation on Screen Two," Nadine instructed. "Keep Dungeon 80 on the main screen."

Zen nodded, snapping his fingers to get his officers' attention he then pointed to several screens, "Screen Three Lazarus's city, Screen Four Valentine's. We want to get the whole picture."

Everyone jumped to their tasks. The CEO was watching.

------------------

Simtrixx watched as Lazarus re-spawned in his grave and climbed out. Anya rushed to him, bringing him to the ground with welcoming wet licks. The gatekeeper caught her roughly and hugged the huge white wolf.

"Nice effects, good graphics," Jared nodded in approval. Nadine beamed.

Valentine :You're back.