Chapter 70 - Dungeon 80 Vampires Part 2

The front door slammed shut behind them with a crash. The two Heroes and two Familiars spun round to face the closed door.

"Damn it," Valentine cursed under his breath. "So not funny! I hate it when they do that."

"Grrrrrr," Tania agreed.

"Shhhhh, stay alert."

They were in a large high ceiling foyer. It was dimly lit with artificial light. Now that they knew what to expect, the sombre atmosphere was only fitting.

"Horror movie vibes here ..." Valentine whispered.

"C'mon."

The small party made their way deeper into the castle. Their footsteps echoed eerily on the polished marble floors. The wolves padded silently next to their Chosen. The hallway opened up to a large hall with a raised dais at the far end.

A lone figure stood there. It raised a hand to point at the Familiars.

"You are not welcomed here especially when accompanied by those," he said in an insulting tone. His red tinged eyes were fixed on the two wolves.

"Uh-umm, I guess the vampire werewolf war holds true even in here," Valentine whispered.

Lazarus caught the vampire's eyes. "They are not werewolves," Lazarus stated firmly, loud enough for the vampire to hear.

"I did not ask if they were. Their despicable forms indicates they are somewhat related. Get those vile creatures out of here this instant!"

"Wolves and werewolves are two totally different species," Valentine rolled his eyes. "Sheeshh! Get your facts straight."

"I don't care," he flicked his wrist and the Familiars were lifted and flung to the stone wall. They crashed and fell motionless to the floor.

"Anya!!"

"Tania!!"

"We are alright. Get him first!"

The two Heroes were instantly armed.

"Wooden arrows!! Use only wooden arrows!" yelled Lazarus. "The others won't work against them!"

They ran as the fired at the menacing figure. The vampire waved frantically at the incoming missiles. Arrows were flung left and right by his power but in the end he was struck down. It was over in a few seconds.

He cursed as his body stated brightening. The vampire sounded the alarm as he exploded into pixels.

"Get ready. Here they come."

The two Familiars had recovered enough to re-join their Chosen.

"Anya, Tania, rip their heads off. It won't kill them but it will slow them down. We will destroy the heads."

"Keep them busy. Claws and fangs hurt too," Valentine was all business.

Only low growls answered him.

Shadows moved and fluttered around them as more beings entered the great hall. Without waiting, Lazarus and Valentine went to work. Lazarus' hands blurred as he nocked and shot arrow after arrow from his silver bow at the moving shapes. They were fast. He was faster.

Valentine worked his crossbow. Thick wooden arrows flew from his direction, adding to the chaos. He laughed like a maniac as he killed the NPCs. His XP points were increasing with every Kill. This was the best way to Play; fighting with a trusted comrade in an exciting life and death combat. Next to him, Lazarus was serious as hell, focused on his killing spree.