Chapter 92 -Group Updates

Jace tapped his ipad to send the images into the group chat. He had logged-out of virtual and into the ipad. Not immediately, he had needed time to recover from the gruesome realistic scenes of Sharak's backroom. Thank God his mandatory virtual hours were done for the day. He really didn't have the stomach to stay virtual for another second. Constantine had understood when Lazarus abruptly disappeared after retching violently.

Now, the others were all online for discussion. News had been exchanged and everyone in the group updated. It was a closed elite chat group consisting of the five gatekeepers and two specially invited players, Nyx and Jinx.

Lazarus : Isis, did you get screenshots?

Constantine : These are some I took too. It will help, yes?

Screen shots of Sharak's work room and it's various items spammed the group chat. Aria blanched at some of the graphic screen shots of the orc's experiments. Oh my God! It was horrible. Horrible but necessary. She wondered if Isis had a similar room at her place. The chat scrolled up on its own as Isis answered.

Isis : Yes, thanks. Give me a few minutes to look at it.

Lazarus : Sure thing. Val, send us what you got.

Valentine : Sending ... By the way, what you are looking at are pages of Sharak's journal and work books found at his home. Isis, I've included Kasakh's translations on her father's notes. It's a special code between them. Only she can decipher his secret findings.

Isis : O'kay. Thanks, Val.

Lazarus : Secret code? Ahhh, it makes sense now. I was wondering why Mallarg did not take them. It was useless to him.

Constantine : He wouldn't have understood it even if he had taken the Banished Ones' work. Better to wait for someone else to understand it and get the information from them. The Necromancer is probably waiting to see if we do.

Jinx : You know, that's also probably why he was after Kasakh. He must have figured out that she would know what her father had written. She is the key to deciphering his research.

Constantine : Aiiyayayayaii!! That means he will be after us when we go back in!! He will target us if he knows we can understand Sharak's works! Oh, oh, oh!! We are so dead!

The Red Warlock's next message made Jace laugh.

Constantine : Do not be afraid, Laz my friend. I am here. I, the great Red Warlock will protect you. I will think of a way for us to get out alive!!

Jace shook his head smiling to himself. Lorenzo was so dramatic. He better put his friend at ease before he went off on another tirade.

Lazarus : Relax, Constantine. We can just pretend that we too don't understand them. It will gain us some time and an excuse to poke around the Stronghold. I want to have a look at the little prince. I hope he is relatively o'kay.

Constantine : Ahhh! That's right. We will act!! I am a fantastic actor!! I will be brilliant!!

Kirana : No he is not. He is a terrible actor. Terrriiible!! And stop shouting at me through my door!!

Constantine : Or WHAT?!?!

Kirana : OR I will tell everyone here what you wear to sleep at night!!

Jinx : Oooooo!!What does he wear at night?

Constantine : Nooo-ooooo. Don't you dare, Kir!! I'm going now!! You can't tell!!

Kirana : He ... oh!! He is gone. Too bad, maybe I'll tell you another time Jinx.