I

A little girl almost the age of 8 years old quickly ran through the streets. Her long white hair drifted behind her as she ran. She had no where in mind. All she knew was that she needed to get far away. As far from that place as possible. And never return.

Her eyes were dull and lifeless as she continued running. They were like hollow rubys that have been covered with a thick film to dull their shine. One look and you could tell by her features that she was one of a kind, a foreigner to them.

The little girl turned around to make sure no one was following her. She had failed to notice a man who turned the corner only to bump into the man.

The small girl fell to the ground before looking up. A stoic man looked down at her, but the thing that caught her eye was the uniform and gear he wore.

The man glanced down at the girl before seeing her state. The first thing he noticed was white stained in red. Her body was caked in it staining her pale skin. "Hey, kid. You okay?" The man asked catching the girl's attention as she looked back up.

She slowly began to step back like a an animal trying to tread lightly due to fear. Her face remained stoic. The man reached out for her only for her to bolt away from him.

The man looked down to see the blood had stained his uniform. He huffed in annoyance. He debated on whether he should bother or not before going with the right thing. "Damn it." The man followed after the tiny girl wanting to make sure she was safe.

A tiny girl running through the streets in the middle of the night with that much blood was a concerning sight.

The girl continued to run as fast as she could. She came to a dead end and glanced around for any escape. She finally spotted a pile of boxes.

She climbed on the boxes before using hanging laundry to climb up to a roof. The girl quickly jumped from roof to roof before stopping once she reached the tallest building.

She paused in momentary shock at the sight. She felt free and weightless. The wind blew through her matted hair as her mouth opened slightly, the feeling of serenity whelmed her.

That changed when she heard a voice of a man. "You're a hard one to track down. You got some skills, tiny little runt." The girl looked over before automatically growing defensive.

Her hands were raised in fists as she glared at the man. The man raised an eyebrow at her strange behavior. She was cautious and quick to go into defense.

A strange behavior for a child. Not to mention that this little girl looked fragile. Probably couldn't even harm a fly no matter how hard she tried. Yet, she still rose her fists despite her figure. He sighed before putting his hands up.

"Calm down, runt. I'm not going to hurt you. I just want to make sure you're okay. You're covered in blood." The man said stoically.

The girl pressed her lips together firmly as her eyebrows knitted together as she stared at the man with lifeless eyes almost like a doll.

Blood aside, the child was dirty, her lips chapped, and malnourished. The girl opened her mouth to speak. Her voice was devoid of emotions as she spoke three chilling words he never expected her to say.

"It's not mine." Her voice was soft but cold.

He raised an eyebrow at her statement. "Let's get you down. I'm not going to hurt you." The man said as he grabbed the small girl. She grew tense under his hold. He used his gear to land on the ground letting the girl go.

He noted how light she was and how boney she felt in his hold. There wasn't even any muscles to the girl. She was nothing but skin and bones.

"So why is it that you're covered in someone else's blood?" The man questioned.