XLVII

Kyra silently walked on top of Wall Rose as she stared up at the sky. Her scarlet eyes looking up with a burning gaze at the clouds in jealousy as they moved past her.

The clouds moved with ease past her with no set direction. They just drifted along freely wherever the breeze carried them. No care in the world...no set destination or final location. They just remained drifting along in random normalcy...at their own pace.

How she wished that, that was something she could do. Just drift along in life peacefully without a single care in the world. No responsibilities or obligations... Just going with the flow of things and wherever that wind took her is where she would go.

It's stupid and completely absurd to be jealous of something as simple and foolish as a cloud and yet I am.

Just like I'm jealous of the constant flowing water of a river that always moves forward without assistance.

Or the jealousy I feel towards the stars that shine brightly, offering hope no matter how dark the night is.

Jealous of the trees that stand tall and proud. Sturdy and unmoving despite the pressure of gravity pressing against them.

Truth is I'm envious of nature in general. The simplistic yet ethereal beauty that captivates the eyes. The random yet purpose filled movements that give meaning to life is done effortlessly with such finesse and precision...How stupid...being envious of nature is completely childish. Who in their right mind would be jealous of something like this...apparently me...but it's not like I've ever been in a right mindset.

Her head snapped hearing a bottle roll. She watched it roll before she focused on the reason for the bottle being there in the first place.

She gazed further to see a man slinging back liquor, sitting down. Kyra went to quickly turn around only to sigh heavily as the man called out to her.

"Teeny, my girl! Come have a seat!" The man greeted. Kyra gritted her teeth with a scowl grumbling to herself about Sadies the Sadist.

"We've been over this time and time again. How many times am I going to have to remind this drunk old geezer?" Kyra grumbled under her breath.

She turned back around walking towards the man before sitting down near him. "How is the Scout's Teeny Li'l Kyra doing on this beautiful night?" Commander Pyxis asked smiling with closed eyes as his cheeks were slightly flushed from his intoxicated state.

Kyra glanced up at the sky as the sun shined down brightly directly above her. "It's daytime." Kyra corrected dully blinking at the man.

He peered up squinting his eyes before laughing, "So it is. Guess I'm early for tomorrow.' Pyxis remarked with a drunken smile.

Kyra knitted her eyebrows at the man's statement, tilting her head to the side slightly, "More like late to today. You were better off not showing up for today at this point." Kyra corrected sarcastically with a huff.

"What brings you here, Section Commander Teeny?" Pyxis questioned through slurred words.

"Ugh, for fucks sake--Fine, at least I was...now it's debatable. I was out for a pleasant stroll until a drunk converged with a sadist to make my life an insufferable hell. It was a series of unfortunate events that I just so happened to encounter them on my path to relaxation." Kyra said sarcastically rolling her eyes.

Pyxis hicupped, "Unfortunate indeed, you know what always enlightens me towards peace..." Pyxis droned out causing Kyra to blink at the man blankly.