XXX

Kyra laid on a sleeping bag with her face completely covered with a blanket and her eyes thickly bandaged. She had passed out from the pain shortly after her eyes were covered.

Next to her laid a wounded Sasha who laid unconscious and wincing in pain. And next to Sasha laid Armin who was still unconscious after being pulled from his Titan form.

Armin woke up muttering, "Bertholdt." He looked around seeing that he was on top of the wall. A groan from Sasha made him look over.

"It hurts so badly." She groaned out in her sleep.

He looked at her, "Wait, are you--?" He stopped before moving forward lifting her blanket to see her bandaged wound.

"Whoa. Sasha! You're in horrible shape. What happened to you?" He asked in worry.

He stopped as he saw another figure next to her. His eyes widened seeing the body completely covered. He leaned over lifting the cover a little only to spot white hair.

Armin's eyes widened in horror thinking she was dead. "Kyra!" He said in fear as tears welled up in his eyes.

He pulled the cover off to see her eyes wrapped in bandages that were stained with blood where her eyes are. Tears fell as his hand went to his mouth. He glanced at her form only to lower his hand as he saw the rise and fall of her chest.

He gave a sigh of relief seeing that she was still alive.

"You're up!" A shout came as Armin looked over to see Eren running to him.

"Eren." Armin said only for Eren to run to him and hug him as tears formed in his eyes.

"Armin. I'm so glad you're back." He said causing Armin to grow confused.

Captain Levi moved up the wall, standing on top as he looked at Armin. "'Bout time."

Captain Levi walked towards Armin. "Captain. What happened?" Armin asked in confusion.

"I saw Bertholdt transform, but then everything gets kind of blurry." Armin said before gasping. Captain Levi looked over at Eren.

"Did we fight them off? Is everyone okay?" Armin asked.

Captain Levi pulled out a gun, "It sounds like your recent memory was just about wiped out."

"Huh?" Armin asked as Eren looked down.

"Eren. Tell him everything." Captain Levi ordered before glancing at Kyra.

"Sorry, Kyra." He said as he shot the gun shooting a smoke signal.

Eren told everything to Armin causing Armin's eyes to widen.

"Okay. Are you up to speed now?" Levi asked as Armin stared in front of him blankly before looking down.

"Yeah. We won. But of the Scout Regiment, there are only ten soldiers left alive. The ten of us." Armin said.

"That's what it looks like. The fighting ended four hours ago. We've been searching for survivors, but...no luck." Jean informed as Conny helped Sasha drink water.

"So, to be clear, we resealed Shiganshina's gate, securing Wall Maria. Reiner and the Beast Titan escaped, along with the quadruped. You managed to capture Bertholdt. And then, with both the commander and me wounded, you had to choose which of us to give the injection to. And you did. I transformed into a Titan and killed Bertholdt. I ate him." Armin said before gagging at the thought as he covered his mouth.

Jean went over handing him water, "Here."

Armin chugged the water down before gasping and panting.

"Why though? Why'd you pick me?" Armin asked quietly.