XXV

After the incident Kyra had gotten her book back and spent most of her time reading it. The book had been divided into sections.

It went over history and what life was like before and after the walls had been built. The Drosera clan held strong bonds with the Earth and nature which is where their power first resonated. Long ago, once this discovery was made they devoted their life to nature.

They lived out their lives in peace giving back to the Earth that gave to them. With their abilities they formed allies that offered protection. Which is how they were able to live out peacefully with the Titans. Peace...If only that were true.

The Droseras were composed of strong individuals, each had a variation of what their abilities could do. Weather, shape-shifting, plants, animals, summoning, barriers, and healing.

Many had more than one of these abilities, but the greater one spends surrounded by nature the stronger their powers are.

The book had went through every ability, but never talked about how to use any of it.

Kyra sighed closing the book rubbing her temples in irritation. She set the book down on her lap as she looked up at the sunrise.

She closed her eyes focusing on the one ability she knows she has. Barriers. She focused on the same feeling she felt the last time she did it.

She exhaled softly trying to recreate the feeling. She sighed not feeling anything. Her head leaned back on a tree trunk in thought.

Her eyes glanced over to the early morning sun. The early morning rays shined on her with a soft pink glow, warming her skin, and comforting her. Warm and comforting the same feeling.

She closed her eyes in concentration as the feeling crept back to her. She focused on creating a barrier as a breeze blowed against her softly tugging her hair to the side.

The breeze had suddenly stopped causing Kyra to open her eyes only to gasp with wide eyes at the sight. Surrounding her was a thin transparent barrier with gold light that seemed to gleam against the rays of sun.

"Is that what I think it is?! Woo-hoo!" A scream of excitement was heard and it was coming her way. A thud was heard making Kyra stop her barrier. A small bird had fell onto her lap. Kyra looked down at the bird seeing its wing injured.

"You must've flown into it. I'm sorry." She said softly as she held the bird, who remained calm in her hand.

"Kyra! You figured out how to use your abilities!" Hange came screaming with a large smile and blush as drool left her mouth.

"Can you do it again? Pretty please! I want to touch it!" She exclaimed in excitement.

"Section Commander, you shouldn't be shouting this early. Have you no sense of time? You'll wake, everyone!" Moblit called out.

"What's the commotion this early?" A voice huffed.

Hange had ran to Kyra before kneeling down next to her. "Oh, please! Please! Please! You have to do it again, just one more time!"

Kyra paid no attention to Hange as she examined the wing of the bird to see it had been broken. Hange stopped seeing the bird in her hands as Moblit and Captain Levi walked over.

The bird looked up at Kyra as she glanced down at the wing. She glanced down at her hands to see gold light surround the bird. She tilted her head staring at the light before it faded.

The bird flapped its wings checking for injuries. After finding none it flew off. Kyra's eyes widened as she watched the bird fly off. "It's healed?" She asked to herself.