XXVIII

Another round of rocks swept through the area as troops screamed tearfully. Kyra looked up at the sky ignoring all the havoc that was consuming her surroundings as she looked at the clouds drifting along the morning sky.

Her eyes drifted to the clouds of smoke that rose up from the other side of the wall.

We're trapped between a rock and a hard place. There's no where left to run or hide. You either die like cowards or die fighting. Before long there will be no one left to go on. There's no chance to flee, no way to retreat. The chances are beyond slim and the morale is at an ultimate low. Look at 'em crying like babies.

Negotiations won't work either. They won't be satisfied until everyone here is dead and they have Eren and me. War...no one is ever satisfied and they never will be until one side concedes.

Even if I give myself up, they wouldn't stop. It may buy them time to retreat, but they would just be back later to finish the job. No, it's far too late for any type of negotiations.

This is it, the last stand. The last battle. The last showdown. It's do or die and at this point we all may die. What an oddly comforting thought.

Death...I'm actually all for it, but unfortunately my mind contradicts what my soul wants. I'm living a life of complete contradictions. It feels like a curse.

Kyra turned looking back at the Beast Titan as his smirk widened. His finger gestured towards her, beckoning her forward. Her eyes narrowed observing the tall Titans surrounding him.

"Come to me, Drosera. Come forth." His voice shouted out.

She closed her eyes focusing in thought. Then she felt it. She felt connections forming almost like string that spread from her body and around to the vast area. She could feel it and just like string it felt like a small tug pulling on her when the wind blew.

It just seemed to click to her. It fell into place without her even knowing and it felt natural. Despite never experiencing this before or knowing what this even was that she was doing, her mind already knew what to do. Her eyes snapped open hearing the Beast Titan's voice call for her. Marlo glanced over at her.

Her eyes gave a pointed glare. A smirk appeared as she muttered a single word, "Attack."

The Titans turned their heads to her, nodding before turning their heads to the Beast Titan before running at him.

Marlo gasped as the surrounding Titans began to attack the Beast Titan causing him to roar in anger, the loud roar catching everyone's attention.

Her eyes transfixed on the Beast Titan as they grew dark and deadly. "Kill him." She ordered.

She watched as the Titans attempted to bite into him causing the quadruped to go into defense.

"Kyra? H-How? How are you doing this?" Marlo asked in shock.

Kyra eyed him from the side before looking forward, "Hard to say. Long ago, the Drosera Clan lived at peace among the Titans. We had the ability to turn them into allies. And I suppose that is what I am doing, now. Don't ask how, because I don't even know the answer to that. I just felt a sudden connection, almost like a string tied around something, connecting me to them. It's odd to say the least, but I just knew what to do. Like it was embedded into my memory long ago that my body just naturally knew what to do without me doing anything. It feel familiar, but at the same time foreign. It makes me wonder if this is truly the first time I've done this. Is it actually imprinted in my memory or have I done this once before and lost any recollection of doing so?Either way, I see him as my enemy and as a result it makes him their enemy, too. Think of it like recruiting them to join our side. I'll be honest, it won't do much. That being said, it does get him to stop throwing boulders temporarily. Plus, it may possibly injure him in the process." Kyra explained as everyone looked at her and then to the Titans fighting the Beast Titan.