XLVIII

"Oh wow, Kyra! You seem to float just fine with that pair of floaties you got. I have to say I'm a little jealous, my dear...Gah! Care to share some with the rest of us, because shortie over here definitely isn't as light as he looks."

...

A little girl ran around a meadow in awe as wildflowers blossomed in the spring sun. The wind gently blew the flowers as stray petals delicately swirled around the air causing the girl to smile widely with bright scarlet eyes.

Off in the distance a pair sat on a hill overlooking the meadow that rested in the valley watching the little girl with smiles of adoration towards the little infant as a young teen approached the girl down below.

The girl squealed in delight as her eyes brightened more spotting the teen. "Maya! Look! Look!" The girl exclaimed pointing at the flowers.

Maya giggled with a soft smile. "I see, Ky. Breath-taking, yeah? The storm yesterday blessed the land with beautiful flowers today." Maya said causing Kyra to huff with a pout as she crossed her arms.

"It was scary and too loud." The girl said with a frown causing the older sister to laugh.

"As scary as it may seem, look at all the wonders it did for us and the land, Kyra. You don't need to be afraid, we'll always be here to comfort and protect you." Maya said only for the little girl to squeal as she was lifted up off the ground.

Laughter rang out from the little girl as she was picked up and set on a pair of shoulders. "What's this about protecting? Is someone picking on you, Ky? Does your strong, big brother need to smack some sense into someone? Tell me and I'll teach them a lesson." A tall and masculine man said bouncing the girl on his shoulders causing the girl to let out shrieks of laughter.

"No, silly! No one's messing with me, Brother!" Kyra shrieked out as her little hands grabbed on his cheeks.

Maya laughed shaking her head, "Our dear little sister is scared of storms it seems, Byron." Maya said with a smile.

"Storms? Awe is little Ky afraid of a little rumble of thunder? Tell ya what, next time you feel afraid come to me and we will teach that storm who's boss. Your big brother will always be there watching over you." Byron said with a smile.

"Really, you promise?" Kyra questioned.

"Really! Cross my heart n' hope to die! I'll always be there, I swear, Ky!" Byron said holding out his pinky. The little girl smiled gleefully as she wrapped her tiny pinky around the larger one.

"Yeah! Never ever leave me!" Kyra exclaimed as she hugged her older brother with a smile nestling her cheek against his.

"Never." Byron confirmed.

Maya rolled her eyes, "You brute. Stop teaching her your brutish ways" She droned out in exasperation causing the man to laugh.

"What? Little Kyra is a fighter, aren't ya?" Byron questioned.

Kyra looked down at Byron pursing her lips together, "Do fighters get to have mommy's tea anytime they want?" Kyra questioned.

Byron chuckled in amusement, "They sure do...But when their older! You already have enough energy as it is Ky. Anymore and I'll have to chase you down again. And you're one tricky little one to find." Byron said causing the girl to pout and huff.