XLII

Kyra sat in a wagon staring up at the burnt clouds that feathered the pink sky, littering the scenery below with a warming glow.

Levi sat next to her as he held the reins of the horses. The two traveled along a dirt path while waiting for Zeke to regain consciousness.

"Spent a whole month camped out and he just now decides to pull this type of shit. It makes me wonder...This was planned in advance. But why now, of all times to act on it? What was he waiting for...or who?" Kyra pondered boredly as her eyes continued to linger on the never-ending sky.

"Eren and his gang of delinquent dipshits, likely. Tch, I knew we should've just stuck with tea." Levi commented.

"He probably would have tried contaminating the water source and that would've ultimately put us in a far worse situation then we currently are in. That being said, the wine has probably been circulating all around Paradis at this point. Let's hope that Zeke's yell didn't reach any other places or there goes more than half of the military's higher ups." Kyra said with a soft sigh.

"What a damn mess. And with these Jaegerists running around freely, it's likely Eren has escaped and will be on his way here. Once we get answers, we should cut off his tongue and stitch his damn mouth shut." Kyra continued stoically.

"Which is why we have to lug his ass around to a new location. Not a bad suggestion though, Kyra, but only after I chop him into pieces. I want to hear his screams of agony while I tear into his flesh." Levi said coldly as his eyes darkened.

Kyra raised an eyebrow at the statement, but just shook her head unfazed by his statement. Her arms rested across her chest as her mind started to wander. Her nails tapped in a random rhythm against her jacket clad biceps.

She had a bad feeling and something told her that things are only going to get more convoluted and chaotic as time passes. Their predicament was already hectic and filled her with unforseen apprehension.

It was clear that the short era of peace has officially ended, much to Kyra's utter dismay. And it was difficult to tell just how long this new era of calamity will last.

She glanced over peering at Zeke seeing patches of his skin missing and his muscle exposed in some areas as he continued to heal himself. She watched as the steam traveled from his wounds, dispersing into the air once it cooled.

She examined the Thunder Spear embedded in his abdomen as his body healed around the wound. The thin metal wire that connected to the fuse of the Thunder Spear was tied around his neck. She gave one more glance in disdain before setting her sights on a more pleasant view.

Kyra looked back up at the clouds before closing her eyes, silently lamenting for those seventy comrades that were killed last night. Her eyes snapped open as she felt the wagon had stopped moving. And the voice of Levi brought her focus back to the situation resting not too far behind her.

"You awake?" Levi questioned stoically as the sound of shifting of a body and groans of pain came from the tied up man.

She glanced down seeing Zeke slowly regaining consciousness. Her eyes glared down at him harshly.

Zeke let out a choked groan in pain as he tried to move around. Levi raised a hand in front of him, "Hey, wait. Don't move. There's a wire around your neck attached to the Thunder Spear fuse. Squirm too much and you'll be blown in half or worse." Levi warned holding out the reins for Kyra.

"Not that I would mind." Kyra muttered taking the reins and urged the horses to continue along the path with a snap of the leather.

Zeke looked up with wide eyes seeing the Thunder Spear towering over his form. He groaned before turning his head and vomiting bile on the wooden planks of the wagon.