VIII

The Titan stood tall giving out a roar. Kyra landed on Eren's shoulder. She turned glancing at him. She smirked, "Eren! Can you hear and understand me?" She questioned.

He turned looked at her before giving a small nod and a roar. Kyra covered her ears. "About damn time! All right, ya big loud lug. Let's recover this shit show of a mission. Grab the boulder and seal the hole. Don't stop, don't buckle, and don't cave. You got this." Kyra said patting his cheek before sliding down Eren's arm and landing in front of Mikasa and Armin.

"Armin, Mikasa, start herding Eren to the boulder. As we speak there is currently a total of ten Titans near the hole. He knows what he has to do." Kyra instructed.

"Wait! What are you going to do?" Armin questioned.

Kyra closed her eyes before opening them, "Most of the Elites have been wiped out. Someone has to take care of them otherwise we won't be able to seal the breach. I doubt I will be able to lead them away sufficiently with Eren here." Kyra said turning to leave only for Armin to grab her arm.

"Kyra, no! It's too dangerous! You'll die!" Armin shouted tearfully.

Kyra sighed shaking her head, "Your lack of trust in my skills are insulting. We don't have much of an option. I was ordered to protect Eren so that's what I'll do. You two need to focus on making sure he completes his task." Kyra replied.

"Be careful and stay alive, Kyra." Mikasa said.

Kyra took a glance behind her before nodding, "Of course. Good luck." Kyra said before jumping on to a roof and running.

She propelled herself quickly through the city toward the hole. Her eyes narrowed as she counted the total amount of Titans in the vicinity. She landed on a rooftop close by.

She exhaled softly as her eyes grew darker, more fierce, and cold.

Whether they knew it, they gave her life a purpose, a meaning. They made her forget about her prison that shackled her entire being.

Kyra put her fingers to her lips whistling loudly in a high pitch. The noise caught the attention of those around.

...

"What the hell is she doing?" Gustav questioned in apprehension.

"She knows what is at stake and will do anything to ensure that it gets done. Even if it means she sacrifices her life." Pyxis commented spotting the girl.

...

The girl remained calm as a group of four managed to stagger away from the rest.

"Tch, not bad, it's a start." Kyra muttered. She flipped backwards into a handspring avoiding a hand as she sliced the hand off.

The Titan tripped falling against the roof. She took the blade throwing it as it embedded into the neck. "Don't worry, I won't kill you yet. Just keeping you down at the minute. Your buddies are coming to join." She said stoically.

She dropped from the roof propelling forward as she came around the the side slashing a Titan's neck with a grunt before quickly free falling to the ground.

She smirked as she sliced at the fingers reaching for her. They fell off with a clean cut. She charged forward anchoring on to a nearby roof.