XLIX

That voice...

A small girl sat on a roof glancing up at the sky stoically. Her red dull eyes lingered on the sky as long white hair blew around her in the wind.

Her hand reached up at the clouds past the wall only to scowl as her reach didn't amount to the freedom she tried to grasp for. Her hand lowered resting back on her lap as she sighed in defeat.

It's been a few months since that night she had escaped from that hell. Although she's glad to be out of that prison she later learned that she was no closer to freedom as she eyed the large walls that kept her trapped in.

This was her life now. Taking a day to rest before going deeper into the walls to track down those that harmed her loved ones before they decide to do it to anyone else. Did she have a reason...yes. Was it selfish and spiteful on her part...yes, yes it was. But she was angry and it was understandable.

They took everything from her. And yet these assholes can go home at the end of the night to their loved ones with a smile on their face. It made her sick and it made her furious.

How can humans be so cruel? How could there ever be any justification for what they had done? To her? To her family? To her clan? There wasn't...even she knew that.

And now she forced to live a life she never wanted for herself. A life she had longed for to end. Only for a promise she made to her father to keep her living a contradicted curse. No matter how much she longed for death her mind immediately went back to that promise causing her mind to instantly retract her original words.

It was a neverending long debate she had with herself, every single minute and yet the outcome was always the same. It remained unchanged.

"Nothing...but waiting... waiting around for death...boring." The girl mumbled before she heard a commotion of kids.

The little girl blinked stoically as she heard yelling and a yelp. Her head tilted listening closely to the commotion as her red eyes scanned through the crowd of people as they did their usual routine and errands.

Her eyes spotted a brunette boy running through the street as three older boys chased after him not far behind.

The girl sighed seeing the boy running into an alley she was familiar with. "Idiot, that's a dead end." The girl spoke stoically as she stood up and jumped to another roof curious to see what the boy would do.

She glanced down from the roof as the boy stopped looking at the wall with wide eyes.

"A dead end? Seriously!" The boy shouted as the older boys approached him laughing with snide smirks.

"You're gonna get it now." One of the boys threatened.

"Yeah! Where do you get off thinking you can walk around running your mouth off to us like that!" The boy exclaimed as his eyes narrowed at the brunette boy.

"Someone has to! People like you piss me off! Thinking you can get away with anything! Just because you share a different opinion doesn't give you the excuse to beat others down for it!" The brunette boy yelled out with a growl as he clenched his fist.

"I think we need to teach him a lesson and put him in his place." One of the bullies said as he cracked his knuckles.

The other two nodded in agreement smirking as they slowly approached the boy. The little girl watched from above expecting the boy to be able to handle himself given how bold his words were earlier only to roll her eyes as the brunette boy was punched.