V

In the year 850, the Colossal Titan again appeared and decimated yet another barrier between us and them.

Once more, mankind retreated in panic before the advance of its greatest foe. Brave soul after brave soul perished. Eaten alive.

...

Kyra, Mikasa, Armin, and Connie stood on a roof while a Titan not too far away faced off against one of his own.

"Armin think! I'm not going to spell it out for you! We have a supposed enemy that is an outlier. No interest in humans, only Titans." Kyra explained calmly.

Armin turned to her before his eyes widened, "Hold on! I've got an idea!"

Kyra closed her eyes nodding. "About damn time. I swear hell could've froze over in the time I was waiting." Kyra said facetiously.

"What is it then?" Connie asked.

"Only you three are capable of pulling this off, so it's really your choice. This may sound crazy, but I think he might be useful." Armin explained before glancing to Kyra.

"That's what you thought, too, Ky?" Armin questioned.

The girl nodded her head, "About time you speak up." The girl huffed out.

"Whoa, you mean the Titan?" Connie question in disbelief.

"He only attacks his own kind. He seems to have no interest in us. What if we can somehow steer him to HQ and let him loose on the other Titans? Look, we know he's taken at least one out already. We can use him as a weapon!" Armin informed.

"You have got to be kidding! How the hell you think we're supposed to steer that thing!" Connie argued back.

"Well, I could try to talk with him." Kyra said stoically.

Connie turned his head glaring at the girl, "Now's not a good time for jokes, Kyra!" He shouted.

Kyra remained calm shrugging her shoulders.

"Well, something tells me he's fighting on instinct. I'm almost sure if you take down the pair he's tangling with now,
he'll go look for others. That'd lead him straight to HQ. We're not steering
him so much as luring him. I think it'll work. I really do." Armin explained.

"Think? You're asking us to risk our necks on a stupid gut feeling?" Connie asked in bewilderment.

"If he's right about this, we can put down the siege on headquarters in one fell swoop! Gut feeling or not it's our only option. I for one always trust instincts. I've survived this far on them alone. And I trust Armin's judgement. I'm backing you up all the way, Armin. You have 100% of my support." Kyra said calmly as she glared at Connie.

"It's worth a shot." Mikasa agreed.

"Huh? Seriously?" Connie questioned Mikasa.

"Better to take a gamble on Armin's gut feeling than wait around to be slaughtered. If there's a decent shot, why not take it?" Mikasa reasoned.

"So, basically we're going to recruit a Titan?" Connie questioned the legitimacy of the plan.

"Yes. Exactly." Mikasa said as Kyra nodded.

"We'll look like morons if we screw this up." Connie complained.

"No, if we screw this up, looking like a moron will be the least of your worries, Pinhead." Kyra said bluntly as she glanced at Connie.

"Yeah. But if we don't, look how many lives we stand to save. Where there's a will there's a way." Armin said rallying him.

"It's still nuts, but what the hell." Connie said caving since this was their only option.