XIX

Kyra sat on a roof throwing a knife in the air. Her eyes glanced up at the sky before narrowing as she spotted three birds in the distance.

"You just try to steal some food, Sasha. I'll get Captain Levi to chop you up into nice bite-sized pieces." Jean threatened as he walked into the house.

"I won't! Probably..." Sasha said doubtful.

"Say what?"

"Hey! Did you guys wipe the dust and dirt off your shoes before you came in?" Eren asked.

Kyra rolled her eyes as she held three knives. "So damn noisy." She threw the knives as the three birds dropped to the ground dead.

Kyra jumped from the roof picking up the birds. She plucked the feathers roughly sighing as she heard the conversations.

"No, we didn't. Can't you see all the stuff we're carrying?" Jean said.

"Do you seriously think that attitude will satisfy Captain Levi? If I hadn't personally given your sheets hospital corners this morning--" Eren bickered.

"Quit nagging! Who are you, my mom?!" Jean exclaimed back with attitude.

Kyra nodded to Mikasa and Historia as they walked in.

"We're back." Historia greeted.

"Wait, were you just chopping firewood?" Jean asked.

"Gotta stay in shape." Mikasa said nonchalantly.

"You got grabbed by a Titan! You should be in bed." Armin lectured.

Kyra rolled her eyes hearing the bickering. Kyra rolled three birds in cloth tying them to keep pests away from the meat before walking in.

"It's almost like we're back in the Cadet Corps." Sasha

"Yeah...Why do you figure we were chosen for the new Levi Squad, though? Protecting Eren, Kyra, and Historia is such an important mission..." Armin pondered.

"Because we're talented, I assume." Sasha said quickly shoving bread into her bag.

"Sasha... what did you just put in your bag?" Armin asked catching her.

"It definitely wasn't bread." Sasha said.

"Why, you!" Jean shouted.

"Give it back." Connie ryelled.

"Hey, focus! We gotta finish cleaning before the captain gets back!" Eren shouted.

"Put back the bread." Jean demanded.

Sasha put the bread back having something else catch her eye.

"Meat!" Sasha exclaimed running to Kyra before a hand pushed her forehead away from the meat with a loud smack.

Sasha growled pushing forward as she gnashed her teeth together.

"Sasha, leave the meat alone." Jean shouted.

"Stop before Kyra kicks your ass." Connie warned.

"You know a little restraint goes a long way. Stop being a savage beast, Sasha." Kyra dully using her foot to keep Sasha away.

"What's this commotion about?" Captain Levi asked walking in.

"How many times have you done this now? Our food reserves are precious! We're grateful enough that Kyra can hunt and scavenge without eating it all before she gets here!"

"Cut the crap, Potato Girl!"

The group pulled Sasha away from Kyra. Kyra clicked her tongue rolling her eyes, "Tch. You know when I think of a house pet. This isn't what I pictured." Kyra walked to the kitchen putting the birds on the counter.