LXII

Red eyes gazed stoically from the man resting on a bed before shifting back to the small window. Gentle waves moved along the traveling ship in a steady current. Small gleams of light surfaced at the crest of the waves as the small amount of sunlight still present in the sky reflected against the surface before refracting and bending against the metal of the ship.

Kyra exhaled softly as her thoughts continued to run rampant in her mind of their current situation. Her memories reminding her of that night.

...

Kyra sat on the couch in between Armin and Mikasa giving a soft sigh of relief having retired the disguise she wore for the night as soft orange rays illuminated the decorated room with warmth from the setting sun.

"I'm sorry you went through that. As blood testing has improved, countries across the world are finding they're inhabited by Subjects of Ymir who've fled the zones. Back during the height of the Eldian Empire, being a Subject of Ymir was a sign of status among the world's elite. But as the Empire crumbled, they found themselves being exiled from places. Such is life for Eldians outside the wall. Alas, it will be difficult for Paradis Island to establish friendly relations." Kiyomi explained.

"Even so, giving up on peace means we'll have to go along with Zeke's plan: To leave our fate in his hands, and to sacrifice Historia and her children." Armin pointed out.

"Yeah... But we came here to avoid such a future. And for the Subjects of Ymir Protection Group's debut in tomorrow's forum." Hange stated as Kyra glanced down in thought.

"It's still not clear what that group seeks to achieve." Kiyomi added.

"While the name speaks for itself, I doubt it entitles anyone but themselves and the people that currently reside in Marley." Kyra stated stoically causing everyone to turn to her.

"We don't know that for a fact, Ky." Armin stated trying to remain optimistic causing Kyra to shake her head.

"It's true we don't, but would it not be easier to put a light on us in return for better treatment. To hate those that have impeeded their security and caused doubt in their stable lifestyle across the world instead of the one's who've been left behind and stuck on this continent, providing for Marley and it's citizens their whole life? It doesn't take a genius to figure that out, Armin. I'm not saying it isn't worth a try. Quite frankly this would be a more ideal option compared to the latter... But realistically speaking in terms of logic, you would have more success in using the common ground you share to make your demands stand a chance at even being heard. It would be the wisest thing to do, would it not? All I'm saying is don't get your hopes up." Kyra commented dully causing Armin to sigh closing his eyes not finding any room in her words to argue her reasoning.

The room remained quiet knowing that there was a high probability of this happening. But yet, they still had to try for the future of those inside the walls. It wasn't something they could back down from when it involved the very thing they fought for and for many of their comrades that died for, not even getting to know the truth of the world they lived in.

Hange sighed, "Indeed. We'll be observing them first. But if they seem promising and agree to speak with us..." Hange said as Kiyomi continued.

"You'll express that Paradis Island seeks peace." Kiyomi finished.

"Yes." Hange nodded.

"Naturally, the Azumabito are happy to help you down that path. Though, are you being realistic about your chances of success? Much like Kyra had pointed out." Kiyomi inquired.