LIX

"Connie and I should be more than enough of a distraction to let you all slip through undetected. Hopefully this works and we can convince them without any bloodshed." Armin stated with determined eyes that lingered with worry behind his eyes. His lips pressed firmly in a flat line as his hands nervously clenched the reins.

"Right. We'll leave it to you two." Jean said with a nod equally worried.

"Remember, we don't have time to spare. We need to protect the Azumabito at all cost. So if it turns south everyone better be ready to jump in." Hange informed.

"Right." The group said.

Kyra glanced up at the sky dully before she turned facing away from the group starting to walk away.

"Kyra? Where are you going?" Armin questioned in confusion.

"Like I said, my main priority is finding pants." Kyra said only to be interupted by Connie and Jean.

"What?!"

"You're still going on about this? We don't have time for you to wander around in search of pants, Kyra!" Jean shouted out.

Kyra glanced towards him glaring, "I didn't realize I'm better off as a standing target to you. If you wanted me to just stand around and wait to be shot, you should've said something in the first place." Kyra said sarcastically causing Jean to grit his teeth sighing heavily.

"That's not what I meant!" Jean shouted quietly.

Kyra rolled her eyes. "If you haven't noticed I don't have any gear. Yes, I have knives, but those are far more limited than the ODM gear and blades. So with that said, it would be far more beneficial if I can supply myself properly...unless you want to give me your pants? Then, I can just kindly ask for gear from someone." Kyra said indifferently with a shrug as her eyes narrowed on Jean.

"That's asinine. You wouldn't even fit if I did, so I'll pass." Jean scoffed out causing Kyra to give a nod.

"That's what I thought, so shut it. There's a supply closest in a building not too far away that should have some supplies. If I can't find pants, I'll just have to make due with what I have." Kyra informed before she glanced over at the worried faces of Armin and Connie before sighing.

"If it just so happens that this plan fails, rest assured, it won't be your fault. No one will blame you, Connie, Armin, so relax. Somethings can't be helped, we do what we have to and sometimes that means becoming the very thing we naturally despise, enemies." Kyra stated as the two felt their shoulders relax from some of the pressure they felt.

"We may not all be from the same side originally, but we all want the same thing. And that's more than enough to fight together on common ground and have each other's backs. Though, I may enjoy allowing more harm to come to one of you." Kyra said as her eyes shifted to the tall blonde male before glancing ahead.

"Just go get your damn pants, before Jean blows a gasket and alerts anyone nearby." Annie stated as Kyra glanced over before nodding.

"Be careful, Kyra. And if I see a flock of birds or crabs attacking I'll come find you." Jean said causing Kyra to raise an eyebrow before clicking her tongue.

"Tch, you mean if you get attacked by something I have no ability in you'll come find me. If that's the case make sure to find me when the waves crash against the shore, too." Kyra said sarcastically before rolling her eyes.

"Right, I'll meet up with you two after." Kyra said before she quickly disappeared in a dark alley towards the building she remembered.

A lone figure walked calmly through a heavily guarded port. It was ominously silent, that was until the sound of gears and wire could be heard. Footsteps landed behind her causing her to glance over spotting guns aimed at her.