X

Kyra stared blankly ahead before glancing at the trees. Eren and Kyra were wearing Scout uniforms as they rode horses.

Kyra was in the middle with a guy in between Eren and her. Captain Levi was behind her as another woman was next to him and behind Eren.

"An architectural marvel, don't you agree?" The man in the middle said. Kyra eyed him before looking back ahead ignoring him as he continued to ramble.

"A proper royal residence once upon a time; and more recently, our former headquarters. Fancy, yes. But absurdly impractical once the Scouts got down to business. Much, much too far removed from either river or wall. This was the early days for us, you understand. Hopes soared high. Now, this opulent bauble is a little more than a holding cell. The place where we store our newest toys. Do not be deceived, greenhorns." The man said.

Kyra raised an eyebrow at the name.

"Excuse me?" Eren said.

"Don't be expecting the royal treatment. Whether you're Titan, Witch, or human,
don't imagine for a second we all share the good Captain's enthusi--" The man stopped as he ended up bitting his tongue as his horse stepped on a rock. He started hollering in pain.

Eren looked at Kyra, who just shrugged her shoulders indifferently. They finally arrived at the former headquarters.

...

Kyra had a handkerchief over her mouth as she sweeped the kitchen. Eren had been given the upstairs to clean.

She stared boredly at the ground looking for dirt. Once the kitchen floor was clean, she started meticulously scrubbing, dusting, and cleaning every surface from bottom to top.

She stopped having run into an issue. She groaned in annoyance not being able to reach the higher shelves. She grumbled as she pulled herself up on to a counter and stood cleaning off shelves. She made sure to clear all the cobwebs.

Kyra sighed looking around the room before finally starting the dishes. A heavy scowl painted her face as she examined the layer of grime and dust covering the metal cutlery.

She scrubbed and scraped at them until she could see the original color of the metal. Kyra set it off to dry as she focused on the utensils. She scrubbed at a knife only to hear something rattle behind her.

Her eyes narrowed as she turned around clutching the knife facing it at the person's neck. A hand gripped her wrist tightly.

"Not bad. Your cleaning skills are at least an upgrade compared to Eren's. As for you attempting to hold me at knife point. Well, that needs to be addressed. Kyra, keep in mind that you are under my watch and the Elite Scouts, so if you do something to make us see you as a threat, I will not hesitate to kill you. This isn't like living in the streets. No one is going to hurt you as long as you don't hurt them, got it?" Captain Levi said as he grabbed the knife from her hand.

"Yes, sir. My instincts just kicked in. Apologies." Kyra said. He dropped her hand observing the knife.

"I figured that'd be the case. If you're finished up here, go help Eren clean the uptairs." Captain Levi ordered.

Kyra nodded, "Yes, sir." She left the kitchen and went upstairs to start cleaning.

...