XXXII

Kyra was in her uniform leaning against the wall as the room was filled with many soldiers from different divisions.

"Well, if it isn't the brave heroes of the walls." A voice said causing Kyra to turn and see Hitch walking towards them.

"Hitch. Suprised you came." Jean greeted.

"I just wanted to watch you guys get your medals." Hitch stated.

"I see." Jean said before looking down.

He looked back up at her, "Marlo was...very brave, right to the end."

Her eyes widened before they casted downward, "I know." Hitch said.

"Isn't that right, Floch, Kyra? You should tell her." Jean said putting his hand on Floch's shoulder and glancing to Kyra.

Kyra stepped forward, "Marlo never abandoned his post despite the danger. He never cowered or broke down. He took his responsibilities and morals to the highest of standards. And even when he stared death in the face he wore a smile with pride." Kyra said sincerely before stepping back to the wall.

"Floch?" Jean said.

"Yeah, sure. I rode right beside Marlo. Just like me, he joined as an urgent recruit. But unlike me, he was brave, and a natural leader. Our situation was hopeless. It seemed to us that the Scouts were on the verge of ruin. Just as our fear was giving way to panic and despair, he stepped in and inspired us to push on." Floch stated.

"Yeah?"

"He was an amazing person." Floch said.

"I know. And that's why...Well, it's probably why he never listened to me." Hitch said sadly.

"But in the end, I'm sure that he wished that he'd never volunteered." Floch said.

Hitch gasped, "Thanks for that. I'll laugh if you guys screw up the ceremony." Hitch said walking away.

Kyra shoulder checked Floch harshly, "Not everyone is a coward like you. Dumbass." She spat before she walked towards Hitch.

"Hitch." Kyra said stopping her. She turned around with glossy eyes.

"He listened to you more than you think. Actually, he could recall almost every conversation the two of you had and say it word for word. Marlo was a little dense when it came to certain things, but if he put his mind to something he stayed dedicated and determined, completely hellbent on making it happen. This was his." Kyra said handing her a patch.

Hitch's eyes widened before tears fell down her eyes. A small smile made it to her lips as she grabbed the Scouts patch. "Thank you, Kyra. That sounds like the Marlo I know. Hellbent on justice. Thank you." Kyra froze as she was hugged.

Kyra slowly moved her hand patting her back softly. "More than anything."

Hitch let go and bid farewell.

Kyra walked back to the group with her hands in her pockets.

She walked in between an argument of Eren and Floch already knowing what it's about having overheard the whole thing walking back.

"Are you referring to the fact that you only wanted to keep Commander Erwin alive 'cause you wanted to torture him and make him suffer? A very selfish reason, no? I didn't peg you as the cynical type. Well, it makes you a hypocrite, nonetheless. Commander Erwin was a great commander, because he knew that you can't gain things without losing some in return. I don't regret ever joining the Scouts. I refuse to back down from danger, I will face death head on. And if I die, I'll die knowing that at some moment in time whether it be there or then, here or later, that I had made a difference at some point in time, being a Scout. If you can't do that, I'm sure they will be looking for more people to work in the fields now that Wall Maria has been retaken. If you can't learn to let go of the past and move on. You will be left behind, because everyone around you moves forward. We may actually have something in common. If you want to call it as you see it, that's fine. Because whatever shit you dish out you oughta be prepared to have it thrown back at you. Now, enough of this shit. Not here, show some damn dignity and respect, you too Eren." Kyra said harshly as her eyes narrowed at Floch before walking away to lean against the wall, leaving the group completely speechless.