LXI

The sight of heavy black smoke billowing out from a funnel of the ship could be seen through a small glass window as the thrashing of waves remained in constant lull through the open window.

"Tch. I never thought he would take it this far." A man spoke causing a head to turn from the ocean towards the man as eyes shifted.

"No one did. But then again that stupid Jaeger does have a reckless tendency that has far outreached mine." A voice spoke out stoically.

"What happened to washing your hands with him, Kyra?" The man questioned causing red eyes to harden as her teeth gritted.

"My hands are clean of him...for now. It won't be once this is all said and done." She said glancing down at the ground with hardened eyes causing the man to raise an eyebrow waiting to hear what she said next.

"That bastard! It's despicable and I'll kill him for this. I don't give a damn if I have to go through Armin and Mikasa to do so. Words have failed to convince them otherwise. Its only until after the fact that they're finally starting to realize the rationality that's been there all this time. I'm done holding a light for the blind to try and see what has been in front of their eyes this whole damn time. As I said he wasn't to be trusted and their ignorance was rewarded with nothing but grave consequences. Albeit a honorable notion of friendship on their part, but entirely childish. It has left them blindsided in the end. Paradis has put too much trust in him, holding him on a pretty pedestal for those to worship like some God. But in truth it was nothing more than trash buckling under the pressure of those that kiss the ground his feet walk on. He's no better than the malicious bastards that stole almost everything from me. He can take away all the enemies he wants, but as long as mankind still exists, as long as humans exist, conflict will never end and blood will always be spilled." Kyra spat out glaring towards the ground lost in thought. Her fists clenching revealing white knuckles.

That night...

...

A horn sounded as black smoke fluttered into the sky forming clouds heavily polluted with smoke and ashes. The waves rolling against metal getting more choppy as the distant port became closer.

Grey eyes blinked coming back in to focus after being lost in thought as a face had appeared inches away.

The grey eyes slowly focusing in on the person glaring.

"What are you doing, Hange?"

"Whoa! You look like Mikasa's sister!" Armin exclaimed.

"Kyra, quit doing that. You'll only make them more irritated." Mikasa scolded as Eren pushed her arms away from her eyes.

"Can't help it. These things are making my eyes water from irritation." Kyra spat out towards Eren who had gave a low chuckle.

"Really? It looks like a minier version of Captain Levi. See they're even looking at me with the same glare." Sasha commented as two sets of grey eyes glared at her.

"Minier?" Kyra droned out darkly with a hard glare causing Sasha to screech stepping back and holding her hands out in surrender.

"She's not wrong you are the shortest one here, Teeny." Kyra snapped her head to Levi as her eyes darkened with a glare.

"Don't you even start. You fall in second and not by much. So don't get arrogant now." Kyra stated stoically.

"I'll take what I can get, even if that is just a few inches of leeway." Levi stated with a hint of smugness.