XXXVIII

Kyra sat on a box around the campfire looking at the full moon. The Scouts were happily indulging in wine, talking away.

"Hey, Kyra! Have a drink!" A man shouted out holding a mug up.

"What are you doing? She doesn't drink." Another said smacking the back of his head.

"Yeah, one sip and she'd be knocked on her ass!" A man laughed out.

Kyra sighed shaking her head as she looked towards the men.

Two men laughed at the statement, "You obviously don't know." One stated.

"Kyra, here, was slinging back bottles with Commander Pyxis two years ago." The other informed causing the men to gasp looking at Kyra who looked at them stoically before turning back to Zeke.

"Holy shit! Seriously?" A man questioned in shock.

"No way!" Another exclaimed.

"She did it last year, too."

"So rowdy." Kyra muttered closing her eyes.

"Yeah, apparently it was to get Commander Pyxis to stop calling her Cadet Teeny." A man informed.

"Cadet Teeny?"

"Yeah, before anyone knew her last name that was the name she was given and I guess Commander Pyxis has grown attached to it ever since Trost."

"Wait, that's Cadet Teeny? The little girl that took down all those Titans in one strike."

"Yeah, not only that, but she made herself a decoy getting them away from the breach, so it could be sealed. They said she killed more than twenty that day and all on her own."

"Don't forget back in Shiganshina 9 years ago, she killed two Abnormals by jumping from a roof she scaled and struck 'em down with just a pair of knives."

"Must've been sharp pair of knives." A man mused out.

"Yes, they were I sharpen them daily with bones. I just ran out of my last femur, care to donate yours?" Kyra said stoically.

"U-Uh, I'll pass." The man said.

"Either way that's one hell of an accomplishment with no ODM gear. Can't say I would be able to pull something like that off and survive." Another commented.

Kyra turned to them with a harsh glare as she sent a knife flying into a barrel. "Enough! Don't you have other things to do than gossiping amongst yourselves like a buncha old hags?" Kyra said stoically.

"The wine!" A man exclaimed.

"No! Why, Kyra?!" Another cried out.

Kyra raised an eyebrow looking at the knife as wine poured out, "You better do more drinking and less talking, then" Kyra said stoically.

"A little girl...I was 24." Kyra muttered with a grumble.

"That's one way to quiet them." Zeke commented.

Kyra hummed uninterested as she looked up at the bright moon. "They were scaring the prey." Kyra said.

"Prey? You wouldn't happen to be referring to me, Kyra? I was particularly fond of their banter." Zeke said looking towards Kyra.

A night owl flew down from a branch perching next to her on the wooden box. Kyra turned watching the owl. "My, you sure are egotistical. Not everything revolves around you. Pull your head out of your ass and wipe the shit from your glasses, then you might be able to see that." Kyra said coldly as the owl moved to her knee.