XXIV

Once they arrived at Orvud District Kyra got off the wagon only to be greeted by her horse. She pet him softly as it huffed.

"I'm all right." She said softly as the horse huffed before nuzzling it's head on her shoulder.

Kyra sighed softly, "I know. But must you be so clingy?" Kyra asked causing him to stomp his hoove before moving more into her causing a soft, almost silent chuckle to leave her lips.

She raised her arms patting his neck as he rested his head on her shoulder, rubbing against her neck and head.

The others watched the scene in awe. The way she showed affection to the horse. She was gentle and kind.

"Please gather your squad in the hall. The strategy meeting is about to begin." A man said to Captain Levi.

"We'll be there." Captain Levi started to walk to Historia.

"Historia. Forgot to tell you...We need you to do something." Captain Levi

"Yes?"

"Erwin's orders. When this battle is over, since you're the true successor to the throne...become the Queen." Captain Levi said causing them to gasp.

"Eh?"

"Huh?"

"Q-Queen?! Historia?!" Sasha exclaimed on shock.

"The coup d'état was successful, but the people won't follow a regiment sitting at the top. What we need is a story to spread. That a true heir retook the crown from the fake." Captain Levi explained.

"I..."

"Um, Captain? I'm sure you heard what
Historia said earlier, but...Well, uh... By leaving her father, she finally broke free
from that burden, I guess you could say...And yet, again..." Connie trailed off.

"What? If you have something to say, say it." Captain Levi said.

"Uh, um...I--" Connie struggled to speak.

In other words...Connie's trying to say... Historia broke free from the Reiss family and has finally found herself. And now you're forcing her into another role? Isn't that...? Isn't that...not fair to her?" Jean said.

"All right." Historia said.

"Eh?"

"My next duty is to be Queen, right?
Understood." Historia said.

"Historia..."

"Thanks for your concern. But whether or not it's forced on me is up to me to decide, I think. However...Captain, I do have one condition." Historia said looking to Captain Levi.

"And that is?" Captain Levi questioned.

"Since my fate is my own, I want to lay it all on the line." Historia requested.

Kyra stood next to Historia as the group stood behind Captain Levi.

"When you're Queen, you can punch that smug runt in the face." Mikasa said to Historia.

Kyra raised an eyebrow, "That would be quite amusing." Kyra said.

...

"We've determined the location of Rod Reiss' Titan. It's southwest, approaching Orvud. At this rate, it should reach Orvud District by dawn." A soldier informed.

"Understood." A garrison soldier said before turning to Commander Erwin.

"Commander Erwin, we'd all like to hear what your plan is. How do you intend to evacuate the citizens in time?" The man asked