XVIII

Kyra sat next to Armin. Kyra glanced over at the unconscious soldiers before looking back over the wall.

She heard footsteps and a sigh as Hannes approached them, "Oh, man. What a mess. Count your lucky stars we were all the way up here. Rest of 'em got blasted by steam and debris; nothing much they could do. How badly is Mikasa hurt?" Hannes asked glancing down at Mikasa.

"Well there aren't any wounds to speak of. I think it's just a concussion." Armin commented.

"Could be worse. Armin, Kyra, I've got
food if you're hungry. You eaten?" Hannes asked.

Armin shook his head.

"No thanks, I'm not hungry." Kyra said holding her stomach feeling sick to her stomach.

"C'mon Little Ky, you need to eat, you're already small as it is. Diets won't do any good to a girl like you." Hannes lectured.

Kyra rolled her eyes, "And what part of me says I care about my appearance?"

"Good point. You'll care one day when you find a man, Little Ky." Hannes said causing Kyra to scoff.

"That'll be the day. Fine, I'll eat it when I'm hungry." Kyra caved with a huff.

"Be right back." Hannes said tussling their hair.

Kyra glanced over to Armin, "You have that look on your face, again. What are you thinking about Armin? Kyra asked.

Armin glanced over hugging his knees closer to his chest, "You always seem to know, don't you Kyra? I was thinking about when we were children. When the three bullies stole my bread. I had told Eren, and Eren confronted them. I ran to Mikasa for help because Eren was in trouble. And then we got there, you had dropped down from a roof. Then the both of you took care of it. That's how it always was, huh? I get bullied and then Eren finds out and starts a fight he can't finish. So you and Mikasa have to finish it for him." Armin said.

Kyra hummed feeling her stomach churn, her vision had become increasingly blurry, and her head was throbbing, "I remember. Hannes rarely stepped in despite merchants shouting for him to get off his drunk and lazy ass to do something. He laughed it off as kids being kids. Even going as far as having his own drunken tussle until the MPs arrived to break it up. Don't worry. Eren's stubborn, but he is resilient. Look have many times he's bounced back even as a k-kid." Kyra said as she began to struggle to maintain her composure.

"Kyra? Are you all right?" Armin asked in concern.

Armin looked at Kyra who panted struggling to breath before gasping for air. Armin gasped loudly. How could he have noticed it until now. Her pale face was covered in cold sweat, her lips held a bluish tint quivering like she was cold. Her body was trembling slightly. Her pupils were dilated, and breathing was erratic. He checked her pulse feeling it pulsate quickly.

"Kyra, what's wrong? Hey, what's happening?" Armin questioned grabbing her shoulders and shaking her lightly.

Kyra collapsed on the ground as Armin caught her head as he screamed out, "Sasha!" Sasha ran toward him as Armin glanced back down at Kyra who struggled to keep her eyes open.

Kyra gasped struggling to breathe as she grabbed Armin's hand tightly. "A-Ar-Armin, p-pois-on." She gasped out.

Armin and Sasha gasped loudly with wide eyes. Armin thought back to how, only for realization to hit him like a brick. Can't have you tryin' to escape from me, Icy. It was what Reiner said before kissing her. The kiss he probably used poison. "Reiner poisoned her." Armin concluded.

"Oh god!" Sasha shrieked. Armin looked to Sasha. Now wasn't the time for him to think about it. They needed to get her help or she may not make it.