XLV

Kyra walked down the dark and dirty streets as the rays of light failed to grace the city with it's warm embrace.

A scowl reached her face as the man glanced at her. "What's wrong, too much filth for you to handle, Kyra?" The man questioned stoically.

Kyra glanced at him as he walked next to her. "No. I just hate being underground." Kyra said indifferently.

"You're not the only one. It's not like anyone would choose to live in this shithole, willingly." The man said.

Kyra pressed her lips together in thought before shaking her head, "Don't get me wrong, I despise it for the same reasons everyone else here does, but that's not why I loathe it. It's the fact that sounds bounce of the walls in echos. Shrilling screams echo and cries of despair reverberate, drilling into your memory like a vivd reminder of what hauntingly follows you. Even the silence is eerily louder...almost violent. It's almost unbearable. The silent screams that plea to be heard only to die once they reach the surface, never to be heard again. Plus, I always hated that there was never any nature." Kyra paused looking up at the ceiling dully.

"At a young age I had forgotten that the sun rises with each new day. That the night is never completely dark and void of light. That grass moves freely with the breeze of the wind. Everything is just stagnant and motionless while time presses forward." Kyra said looking back ahead watching merchants trying to sell things to provide for themselves or families.

"That's quite the drastic change in answer then when you were little." Levi commented causing Kyra to glance at him before humming in question.

"Hm? Well naivety stops when optimism turns into pessimism." Kyra said stoically.

"We're done here, so let's get going. Don't want you shrinking even more than you already are." Levi said causing Kyra to click her tongue and roll her eyes.

"Tch, I at least have a viable excuse. What's yours? Wanted to look like a little fun-size snack for the Titans?" Kyra retorted.

"If it attracts more for me to kill, then you should be grateful, Short-Shit." Levi commented.

Kyra rolled her eyes, "Your people skills, awful...Titan skills mediocre. Got it, stick you in a forest with Titans and tea and you'll be a ball of sunshine." Kyra said sarcastically only to grunt as a Levi stuck his leg out in between her feet causing her to stumble forward.

Kyra fumbled forward only to quietly gasp as an arm rested against her waist, pushing her back up allowing for her to regain her equilibrium.

"You're not exactly sunshine and rainbows either, you doom and gloom, storm cloud. As much as I would enjoy watching you fall on your face. I don't want to be seen walking with someone covered with filth from the Underground. So you're welcome, pint-size." He said smugly removing his arm to cross them over his chest.

Kyra turned glaring at the man, "You ass. Do you need another set of eyes? What part of me looks like I'm a bundle of joy? One Four-Eyes is more than plenty. Unless..." she walked forward glancing up, observing his face and eyes.

Levi raised an eyebrow, "Unless what?"

"Oh, I see. My apologies, I wasn't aware of your condition." Kyra said dully.

"What the hell are you spouting out?" He questioned in curiosity.

"It's so clear to me, now. Who knew, you were turning into a senile old man." Kyra pondered before shrugging and started to walk ahead.