LIII

A female looked up on a grassy hill as her blonde hair fluttered around her in the breeze. The breeze picked up until it suddenly died down into a strange calmness.

A calmness that did not offer the peace one would hope. Instead it was a silent and eerie silence that often indicated a brewing storm of calamity was close to approaching.

Her eyes lowered feeling something roll and hit her foot. She glanced down at the ball deeply in thought.

She could almost hear the sounds of civilians carrying out their errands and children playing carefree that used to rang out amongst the surroundings before they were forced to evacuate previously by the military. They were clearly unaware of this looming threat of danger and were probably left in utter confusion at the time.

The woman listened closely as the sound of humming got closer to the unsuspecting district.

The woman frowned staring at the ball, She felt a pang of jealously towards the children that were able to experience what she never got to.

But times were different and yet they were still the same. There was still danger and a threat just like back then. And while she may not have gotten the childhood these children have, she did have one filled with her own description of fun and she wouldn't replace those memories for the world.

She shook her head breaking herself from her thoughts with a low chuckle.

"This must be what it's like to lose your damn mind." She spoke before glancing up at the sky to see the beginning outlines of airships approaching Shiganshina. It was clear that the destination of the fleet would be Shiganshina.

She sighed as she grabbed the gun strapped to her back. "Here we go again." She huffed out as lightning could be seen towards the center of the quant town, that had seen it's fair share of hardships and finally prospered is once again under attack.

The sound of crashing could be heard in that direction before another flash of lightning and a loud roar was heard.

She looked up to see people falling from the five airships only to be caught by fabric that ballooned out from above their heads. "How fascinating. They even used the same contraption for their weaponry." The woman spoke as she noted the heavy weapon under a tarp being let down from the airship.

Another flash was seen causing the woman to turn her head to see two Titans fighting as a more agile one simply jumped around avoiding the strikes. She then turned glancing at the quadruped Titan that quickly fled from the area.

Her eyes narrowed at the two fighting Titans before another flash appeared revealing the Armored Titan.

"Well it certainly seems that they out did themselves." The woman spoke before quickly slipping into the town through all the chaos.

"Let's just hope I don't end up getting myself shot." The woman said with a chuckle as she shot down a Marley soldier that held his gun aimed at her.

She moved behind a building as she glanced up spotting armed men on roofs. The sound of gears and wires could be heard before gunfire rang out to the oblivious men that took cover on the roofs.

She watched as the men who no longer claimed affliation with Paradis military were shot down in an ambush by the men that laid on the roofs surrounding them. They screamed as bodies fell from the building and men fled only to be shot down in mid-attempt.

It was evident in their lack of preparation that this surprise attack was effective in Marley's favor. She could see it with how overwhelmed and panicked the men were while Marley seemed to adapt to their surroundings efficiently despite never stepping foot on this land prior. It was an impressive feat to have during times of war.