LVI

A make-shift cart rolled along a path as an army of Colossal Titans could be seen in the distance moving away as the sun set.

There on the cart rested two notoriously strong but injured Scouts. Not far from the group was a cart of it's own looking at the scene of the destruction in it's wake.

...

"Judging by the course and the speed, those airships are heading back to Marley. They probably saw the Rumbling and left the rest of us for dead." A woman said from the nape of a Titan glancing up at the sky observing the airships that were quick to flee the island.

"No, it's the right call. They'll be able to inform our motherland faster. It's better than waiting to get crushed." The man next to her explained.

"But...at this rate, there's nothing we can do. Is there any possible way to stop it now?" She questioned hoping that her loved ones waiting for her across the sea had a chance still.

"No... But either way, we'll fight to the bitter end..." The man said only for the two to grow alert as a voice interrupted their conversation.

"Um...!"

The Cart Titan rushed forward as the voice shouted out.

"Hold up!" The woman spoke holding her hands out in surrender meaning no harm as nervous sweat fell from the side of her forehead. The Cart Titan stopped as the two looked down at the woman in skepticism.

"Could you not eat me just yet? I'm completely unarmed."

The man glanced over at the cart before raising his gun. "Oh? Who's that over there?" The woman questioned assuming what they were wondering by the way they were looking at the make-shift cart.

"Don't worry. They're just my stubborn shorties, who refuse to die." The woman explained.

The two moved closer to the cart before their eyes widened.

"That's the Drosera woman...Kyra, right?" Pieck questioned as Magath nodded.

"Yes. That's the one we are looking for." General Magath said examining the state of her.

Hange rushed in front of Kyra. "I won't let you hurt her." Hange said protectively.

"You fool. Do you have even the faintest damned idea of just how powerful she is? Or what she is capable of?" Magath questioned out with a glare.

"I've seen enough to know that her skills alone are an asset with or without the druid abilities her clan possesses. But I have had enough of this talk about using her for breeding. It's sickening! So if that's your angle you can forget about it!" Hange shouted out.

Pieck and Magath glanced at each other before blinking. Magath sighed running a hand through his hair.

"Huh?" Pieck questioned glancing over to Magath.

"It's complicated, but true...that's one of the incentives of why Marley wanted control over the Droseras long ago. Zeke and Willie Tybur had both remained adamant about that." Magath explained causing Pieck's eyes to widen.

"Did any of the warriors know?" Pieck questioned with a glare.

"Besides Zeke...no. Officials at the time decided to keep their mouths shut making bogus claims that she was stolen from our motherland and needed to be rescued. I'm sure if you all knew the true reason you wouldn't agree. And by the look of horror and disgust on your face, Pieck, you would've disobeyed orders and been seen as a traitor to Marley. It was the right call not telling, you kids. Especially Braun." Magath explained looking over to Hange.