LXVII

Eren...I'll ask this again... Is this truly what you wanted? Is this really how you wanted it to end?

No... I don't believe a damn thing you've said.

The sky vanished under plumes of smoke that loomed around the area, casting an unnatural darkness. The group remained motionless on the feathered Titan, watching in anxiousness.

The stillness in the air gave unrest to the perplexity of whether this was truly the end of the battle, especially for those who fought tirelessly to end this hellacious calamity.

Red eyes drifted from her comrades to those stranded on land that were forced to watch their once impending doom. A collected sigh seemed to leave their mouths as they gathered the fear that once surfaced and looked on with trepidation through the dust where the explosion had occurred.

"Look. The bones... does this mean Eren's dead?" Jean questioned in confusion and somberance.

Kyra's eyes shifted from the crowd to the bones only to avert her attention to Mikasa hearing her gasp in pain while clutching her head.

Kyra stood watching as those from the once opposing side of the long drawn out battle were reunited with their loved ones with tears of joy and relief.

"I won't claim to have no regrets. But still... we definitely did the right thing, didn't we? I mean, we put an end to the Rumbling." Connie said from next to Levi.

Kyra gave a soft hum looking up at the rays of sun that were slowly creeping through the clouds, still feeling uneasy. Her lips pressed together in a thin line as she clutched the stone that hung around her neck.

"You okay, Kyra?" Hange questioned, causing the group to turn to her.

Kyra quickly peeled her eyes away from the sky and turned to the group.

"Call it a hunch, but something's telling me this isn't over yet." Kyra stated, trying to break free from the inkling feeling that settled deep within her gut.

Her words caused the group to grow slightly on edge before the sounds of ground crushing could be heard, causing the group from Paradis to turn spotting a familiar Colossal Titan.

"I see Armin!" Mikasa exclaimed in relief.

"Are there any signs of Reiner?" Connie questioned only to hear a second rustle in the ground as a Titan stripped of some armor rose and exhales of relief were heard.

"He's okay!" Jean called out in astonishment.

"Reiner!" Falco and Gabi called out to him as Connie turned his head to spot the creature that once laid dormant within the Founder.

Kyra's eyes narrowed.

Just as expected from someone with such a bullhead and stubborn personality like yours, Eren. This isn't over.

"Whoa! Look over there!" Connie called out.

"It's still alive?! Even after getting hit by that explosion?" Connie questioned out.

"Sure is. What the hell is this thing?" Jean questioned.

"Eh, Eren's lost his worm for brains again." Kyra commented dully, watching it crawl around the rocks as Jean grunted.

"Maybe you can control it and make it into an obedient pet." Jean stated, causing Kyra to glance back at him with a raised eyebrow.

"Something tells me it would be harder to train than Sasha." Kyra commented dully.

"It came from the Founding Titan originally...so is this the true form of the Founder?" Hange questioned observing the creature.

"No clue. But... I do know that we can't leave it alive." Levi said as Armin and Reiner turned around, slowly going after the creature only for the sky to light up as a Titan transformed ahead in the distance with another explosion.