XXIX

Kyra stepped forward kneeling beside Armin. She put her hand gently to his chest. Her hand glowed before her eyes grew dull.

Captain Levi landed on the roof.

"Captain!" Eren called out.

"I just used the last of my gas. Quick, give me your gear, so I can chase him." Captain Levi ordered hastily.

"Right!" Eren said as he started taking off his gear.

"Hurry!" Captain Levi shouted.

Kyra looked down hearing Armin cough. Eren stopped as he glanced back at Armin in shock.

Mikasa landed before stopping as tears fell down her eyes.

Eren moved leaning over Armin with tears. "Yeah! Hell yeah! Armin's still breathing. I hear him! You did it, Ky!" Eren exclaimed in relief.

Kyra shook her head with sullen, "No. All I'm doing right now is prolonging the inevitable, Eren. There's not much I can do. I can continue to keep him alive, but that's it. I can't heal his wounds. I can't ease his pain. All I am doing is making him suffer more. I'm sorry." Kyra said softly with a frown.

Eren's eyes widened as him and Mikasa gasped as more tears fell.

"Keep going! Don't give up! You can make it!" Eren shouted.

"That's Armin?" Mikasa asked.

"Captain! Get the syringe!" Eren shouted.

Captain Levi moved his hands into his pockets searching for the box.

"Kyra, keep going!" Eren demanded as he pulled Bertholdt over.

"Turn Armin into a Titan, and then we can have him eat Bertholdt! Hurry up and inject him!" Eren screamed frantically.

Captain Levi looked over at Eren before holding out the box. "Right."

Just as Eren was about to grab it the sounds of grunting could be heard as a hand appeared on the roof.

Kyra gasped softly as she looked over to see Floch carrying Commander Erwin on his back.

"Levi...Captain...I finally found you. It's the Commander. He's hurt. His stomach is gouged, and his insides are all torn to shreds. The blood just won't stop! I thought that injection might be able to help him, but...what do you think?" Floch said tearfully.

Captain Levi looked at the Commander before pulling the box back to his chest.

"Captain Levi." Eren said in shock.

They set Commander Erwin down on the rooftop as Captain Levi checked for breathing. "It's faint, but he's breathing. Erwin. You're alive. Kyra." Captain Levi ordered.

Kyra nodded her head as she moved her hand off Armin's chest. "I'm so sorry, Armin." She said quietly. She touched his cheek softly as she glanced at him solemnly one last time before standing up.

"Kyra! Don't!" Eren screamed as he grabbed her wrist.

"Kyra! How could you? He's our friend! Heal him, now!" Eren screamed gripping her wrist tighter.

"Eren, there's nothing I can do. I'm only prolonging his suffering! All I can do is keep him alive long enough so you can say your final words, that's it!" Kyra argued back. Her eyes widened as his hand came to her throat, squeezing it tightly.

Everyone looked in shock and disbelief as their eyes widened.

"Eren!" Mikasa gasped out.

"What the hell do you think you're doing?" Floch shouted out.